O'Neills, Glasgow

Know about this? Rate It!

O'Neill's Music Room
    by moirholj
    Front Entrance on Sauchiehall Street
    by moirholj
  • moirholj's Profile Photo

O'Neills Music Room: Chain Pub & Club

by moirholj Updated Jun 10, 2007

O'Neill's Music Room

I'll be honest, by the time we ended up at this place we well "into our evening", so my take on O'Neill's might not be the most accurate. I understand that by day this chain pub is an OK place to get a pint and a meal. However, when I was there we actually ended up next door in O'Neill's Music Room which was a full on club. Most of the tables and chairs had been moved and the club music was blaring. The best my foggy memory can recall is that it was very dark, there was most certainly a disco ball/light machine, and it was not at all crowded, leaving ample room for the few drunks that were in there to slosh around happily. I'm going to assume that if you like to go out dancing, this is a great place on a Friday or Saturday night.

That being said, it is one in a chain of 'Authentic Irish' pubs...and you know how that goes. If you only have a few nights, skip a place like this and try almost any other Glasgow pub. There are PLENTY to choose from. Why not stop in an have a pint at a place that is NOT in your guidebook? In my experience, that is where the best fun is had.

Dress Code: Casual for the most part.

• Rojo72's Profile Photo

O'Neills: Great atmosphere and beer

by Rojo72 Written Aug 7, 2004

O'Neill's is a branch of irish pubs, so they all look quite alike eachother they say. I wouldn't know, cause I've only been to the one in Glasgow. it was the first pub I went to there, and it's just down the hill from Renfrew Street to Sauchiehall Street so it was a short walk there from our Guest House.

They show sports on a huge screen, have the ordinary kinds of pub meals as I gathered, but I only had a couple of pints on two different occasions. When I was there it was quite calm, but they say it gets busy in the evenings.

• O'Neills: You can't beat a good Irish Bar

by Kawsasani Written Apr 14, 2004

There are three O'Neills (that I know of in Glasgow) the best on by far being on Albion Street, just off of the beaten track. Just the right size to benefit from a good live band without being too big as to ruin the atmosphere.
    We went there for pre-dinner drinks one night and if hunger hadn't set in I don't think we would have left...

Instant Answers: Glasgow