Know about this? Rate It!
This is a fortified residence from the 13th century, which was extended in the 15th, 16th and 17th centuries.
It has splendid living areas and a terraced garden with bowling green. There is also a circular dovecot. The garden is really beautiful, and do take time to visit the church which is reached by walking through the garden. There is some lovely stained glass there.
The castle is closed Thursday afternoons and Fridays in winter.
5 miles east of the Forth Bridges in Aberdour on the A921
- Castles and Palaces
- Arts and Culture
- Historical Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
Glasgow Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Tel Aviv District Hotels
- Galle Hotels
- Galway Hotels
- Samalkot Hotels
- McLeod Ganj
- San Juan Off The Beaten Path
- Santa Barbara Off The Beaten Path
- Monterey Off The Beaten Path
- Within a 3 Hour Drive
- New Mexico Off The Beaten Path
- Palm Coast.
- Cameron Highlands Off The Beaten Path
- Sedona Off The Beaten Path
- Bacolod City Off The Beaten Path
- Canberra Off The Beaten Path
- Saint Augustine Off The Beaten Path
- Oahu Off The Beaten Path