Know about this? Rate It!
Try going further north and...
Try going further north and into Argyle and Bute. The countryside is beautiful and there is lots to see. The most famous area is probably Loch Lommond. The village of Luss is on the banks of the Loch and is well worth a visit.
Lochgoilhead slightly north of Loch Lommond is a village in the hills and is well worth a visit.
Lochgoilhead is really only accessable by car, the road to the village is a single track road but it is well worth making the effort.
The village itself is everything you would expect from a Scottish village. It is extremely quiet and beautiful. If you wish to stay there then the Roadhouse Hotel is right on the Loch and is a nice place to stay. The best thing to do in Lochgoilhead is to take a walk around the loch and soak in the tranquility of this area of Scotland.
I would recommend you keep travelling North after Lochgoilhead. Why not visit Inerarry and Oban. Both are beautiful towns.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save Up To 50% On Hotels
- Orbitz.com Find great deals on Orbitz & pay no hotel change or cancel fees
Glasgow Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Saint Louis
- McLeod Ganj Hotels
- Harlem Hotels
- Chico Hot Springs Hotels
- Laguna Cajititlán Hotels
- Los Angeles Off The Beaten Path
- Indiana Off The Beaten Path
- Honolulu Off The Beaten Path
- Destin Off The Beaten Path
- Portugal Off The Beaten Path
- Istanbul Off The Beaten Path
- Maui Off The Beaten Path
- Bend Off The Beaten Path
- Trondheim Off The Beaten Path
- Puerto Rico Off The Beaten Path
- Prague Off The Beaten Path
- Israel Off The Beaten Path