Know about this? Rate It!
Visit Cairnpapple Hill
On a clear day you have beautiful views of the surrounding countryside. The holes you can see in the photo would have had thick wooden poles in them making up part of the roofing.
It was used as a burial ground and a ceremonial site from about 3000 to 1400 BC.
It is a bit clausophobic inside - but worth going down into the ground!
This is one of the most important prehistoric monuments on mainland Scotland. Open in the summer only.
Tel: 01506 634622
Found three miles north of Bathgate, four miles from Linlithgow off the A706
- Historical Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Glasgow Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Katugastota Hotels
- Laguna Beach Hotels
- North Hutchinson Island Hotels
- Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Bukit Mertajam
- Little Rock Hotels
- Giardini Naxos
- Los Angeles Off The Beaten Path
- Ireland Off The Beaten Path
- Munich Off The Beaten Path
- North Carolina Off The Beaten Path
- Rome Off The Beaten Path
- Destin Off The Beaten Path
- Cabo San Lucas Off The Beaten Path
- Bangalore Off The Beaten Path
- Bend Off The Beaten Path
- Asheville Off The Beaten Path
- Pisa Off The Beaten Path
- Florence Off The Beaten Path