Places to eat in Glasgow

Interior
    coffee

Most Viewed Restaurants in Glasgow

• Gillybob's Profile Photo

Kelvingrove Cafe: Delicious Lobster!

by Gillybob Written Jul 18, 2015

Kelvinegrove Cafe offers a great range of dishes, taking full advantage of locally-sourced ingredients. Their Cafe Specials change on a weekly basis to take best advantage of what is fresh and in season.

It is situated on Argyle Street within the hustle and bustle of the Kelvingrove area, surrounded by local merchants and eateries offering great selections for those who wish to cook or those who wish to dine out.

Favorite Dish: I had their lobster served with chips which I enjoyed with a glass of Viognier.

Slightly more expensive that alternative options, the food is of excellent quality and service was attentive without being intrusive.

I really enjoyed my meal here - Lobster £16.00 and 175ml Viognier £6.50 giving a total of £22.50 for an exceptional meal.

Interior Lobster Lobster

Tropeiro: A Brazilian Churrascaria

by gordonilla Updated Jun 7, 2015

This is an interesting experience, although it is not the first restaurant of this type I have visited. There is a central salad facility and then the waiting staff bring the meat with great regularity. There are 12 meat offerings on the dinner menu.

The experience was good for all, although the Glasgow restaurant does not seem to accept German credit cards. I am waiting to hear from them as to why and when it will be fixed.

Favorite Dish: The sausages, chicken and beef are all excellent. I am also told their wine list is fairly good.

Interior (1) Interior (2) Coffee

La Laterna: Glasgow's oldest family run Italian restaurant

by gordonilla Written Jun 5, 2015

It was my last night in Glasgow, and although it was a Wednesday my hotel had shut it's restaurant. I went out and wanted to eat somewhere I had not been on previous visits.

The entrance is just a doorway on the street and the restaurant is below ground.

The staff were good and the menu wide and enjoyable. I ordered a starter and sadly it was a little drowned in oil, they took the cost of the bill. They asked rather than me asking.

Favorite Dish: It was all good.

Entrance Interior (1) Interior (2) Interior (3) Interior (4)

Two Fat Ladies: A Sunday night out

by gordonilla Written Jun 5, 2015

We made a visit to the restaurant; it was an international Group of Swiss, German, Danish and Scottish diners. It is worth making a reservation.

The décor is pleasant, not a large facility and good menu offering.

Favorite Dish: The goats cheese mousse starter was excellent as was the beef!

Exterior Interior (1) Interior (2) Starter Main Course

Òran Mór: Saturday Lunch at the old Kelvinside Kirk

by gordonilla Written Jun 5, 2015

The Òran Mór is a mixed venue, and we stopped their for lunch. It was enjoyable and the staff were very professional. The menu is reasonable and service is quick.

It is a former church and now a busy entertainment and leisure complex.

Favorite Dish: try the traditional Scottish foods.

Exterior (1) Interior (1) Interior (2) Interior (3) Exterior (2)

Tea Room at the Botanics: Afternoon Coffee

by gordonilla Written Aug 31, 2014

It was a wonderfully sunny afternoon and we certainly needed a seat after walking around the hot houses. There was one down side, there were many pigeons and after people left their seats they descended - apart from that the service was great and it was a pleasant place to sit and relax.

Favorite Dish: Good menu and offers a number of levels of service throughout the day.

Signage Exterior (1) Exterior (2) Exterior (3) Poetry Post Box

NYC Bar & Restaurant: Burgers and Hot Dogs

by gordonilla Written Aug 31, 2014

We were looking for something different and we decided upon NYC. The staff were friendly and food, a rather mixed menu and they also had many reserved tables. They had a lot of Champions League fans easting and drinking when we were there.

Favorite Dish: The chicken strips were excellent and the burgers were acceptable.

Exterior (1) Exterior (2) Interior Chicken Strips Burger and Fries

Di Maggio's: Italian-American Food Glasgow Style

by gordonilla Written Aug 31, 2014

We decided to eat here; and although I had eaten here previously, I thought I would try it again. Sadly this visit was slightly similar to my last dining experience. However my partner enjoyed their choice.

The service was fast and there is a good atmosphere.

It is part of a chain and they have a number of outlets across Glasgow.

Signage Exterior Interior (1) Interior (2) Interior (3)

Chippy doon the Lane: Sit in chippy

by gordonilla Written Aug 30, 2014

The location was a little run down, however the interior is well presented and modern.

The service was good and they have a pleasant menu; although if you do not eat fish a little limited.

The pie I had was poor but the chips were excellent.

Favorite Dish: The standard offerings from the chippy!

Exterior (1) Exterior (2) Interior (1) Interior (2) Steak Pie Supper

Fratelli Sarti: A Glasgow Italian

by gordonilla Updated Aug 30, 2014

This is an excellent restaurant, one of a chain. They are specialists in Italian food and wine; they are also licensed grocers and caffe bar.

Booking is recommended! This is one of a small chain, and I have now been to two of them. The staff are very good and the menu is excellent.

Favorite Dish: I have had a number of items from the menu - the pastries and coffee are excellent.

Exterior (1) Exterior (2) Interior coffee Cannoli

Bombay Blues: Indian Delights

by gordonilla Written Mar 14, 2014

Every visit I make to Glasgow, I make the point of visiting Bombay Blues. The food is excellent and the staff very friendly and professional.

It is busy most days, and offers an "à la carte" menu and a buffet.

Favorite Dish: Try the spicy onions with your poppadums.

I always take one of the biryani dishes as my main course plus a roti

Exterior Interior (1) Interior (2) Signage Chicken Biryani

• gordonilla's Profile Photo

Saramago Café Bar: In the heart of contemporary art!

by gordonilla Written Mar 14, 2014

I had spent the day out, and was looking for some where to have a rest and a coffee. I had seen the CCA when I was on the sight seeing bus, and now found my self outside - so dropped in for a coffee and cake.

Interior (1) Interior (2) Interior (3) Thinking it over! Placing an order!

The wee Guy's: Deli just off George Square

by gordonilla Updated Mar 6, 2014

I just stopped for coffee; however it seems that the café has a lot to offer and is well known for it's all day breakfasts.

It is also owned by the same people who own Guy's restaurant and bar at Candleriggs in the Merchant City.

Signage Exterior Interior (1) Interior (2) Interior (3)

La Vita: Another fine Italian

by gordonilla Written Mar 6, 2014

This was a spur of the moment thought for a venue to eat, It had been a long day and I was quite hungry. I have passed it a number of times and thought it was time to enter and try the menu!

Favorite Dish: Chicken Milanese, chips and salad

There is a good and reasonably priced menu. Good staff, very attentive.

Exterior Interior (1) Interior (2) My main course

• kehale's Profile Photo

Jamie's Italian: Delicious Italian

by kehale Written Jan 26, 2014

As of anything Jamie Oliver does, this restaurant was fabulous! Every bite we took was perfect, and we love that he always keeps it simple by delicious! The only actual item I remember that we ordered was the delicious fried ravioli! Was so delicious and the great way to start our meal. Not surprising, it seems the menu is seasonal so certain items will be rotated based on what is fresh and in season (what he is all about).

The atmosphere is perfect, very casual but you could always go a little more dressed up (we did!) and still feel totally comfortable. The location is even more perfect, right in George Square. We enjoyed some drinks, dinner and shared a dessert before making our way back towards our hotel. We had lots of time and managed to stop at a few places for drinks a long the way.

We were definitely excited to eat at Jamie's restaurant and not one second of the experience disappointed. The food, the service, the atmosphere was all perfect! If you're looking for something a little more light and healthy than a lot of the other food's you will find in Glasgow, I highly recommend paying Jamie's a visit! The food was also very affordable!

Fried Ravioli - Great starter!

Glasgow Hotels

Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Etap Hotel Glasgow
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews

Instant Answers: Glasgow

Comments

Glasgow Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Glasgow locals.
Map of Glasgow