New City Palace, Glasgow

3.5 out of 5 stars 2 Reviews

84-92 Sauchihall Street Glasgow G2 3DE 0141 332 6265

• New City Palace: First class service with a smile

by DougNoon Written Dec 2, 2010

it may not be the best entrance at first, but once your up the stairs you will find a nice warm welcome. the staff will take you to your seat, and drinks, the surroundings have been the same for a number of year, the place warm and clean..

the food is first class and visit whenever I can, crispy duck, and satay chicken are 2nd to none. wash down with a nice cold beer.

Favorite Dish: my favorite dish is Satay Chicken and Fried rice, the chicken just melts in the mouth and the sauce is fabby.

• Suet's Profile Photo

New City Palace: Chinese Fast Food

by Suet Updated Jan 13, 2005

Go into the building up some grubby stairs with a worn carpet from a freezing cold Sauchihall Street and into a very warm room.

You are seated by the welcoming staff, and join other shoppers for your lunch.

It's open every day for budget meals.

Favorite Dish: This food was chinese pre-cooked fast food... basic boiled chicken in our case with a sauce on top. We had the set menu for £6.50 a head.

Quite frankly this food was not terribly good. I could have done better myself at home and the Takeaway chinese meals from Sainsbury's are certainly better than this...

It filled our empty stomachs with cheap food. I would only recommend it if you were on a budget and weren't a gastronome.... we got what we paid for and that's about it.

Instant Answers: Glasgow