Know about this?
Watch out for Taxi fares
Taxis in Glasgow are mostly pretty reasonable but can be extortionate after midnight. One thing to be wary of is boundary charges. The greater Glasgow area is covered by a number of local authorities and each of these issue taxi licences. This is why taxis from the airport can be so expensive as they cross a boundary to get into the city centre.
Unique Suggestions: Ask the driver how much it should be, they should be able to give you an idea before you set off.
Fun Alternatives: The buses in Glasgow are pretty reasonable so it is much more economical to buy a day ticket for the bus or bus and underground together.
If you are staying outside...
If you are staying outside glasgow city bounderies try and book a private hire taxi (you will find numbers in phone boxes or just ask someone) as the black hackneys (london cabs) will charge a boundry charge, and this can add an extra third to the price and private hire only charge for the distance traveled.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
Glasgow Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Kilmaley Hotels
- Zichron Yaakov
- Madurai Hotels
- Minorca Island
- Likupang Hotels
- Hornsby Hotels
- Grand Cayman
- Singapore Tourist Traps
- Nashville Tourist Traps
- Rome Tourist Traps
- Krabi Tourist Traps
- Sim Lim Square - Electronic Goods
- San Miguel de Allende Tourist Traps
- Cameron Highlands Tourist Traps
- Portland Tourist Traps
- Ho Chi Minh City Tourist Traps
- Anchorage Tourist Traps
- Free Breakfast deals
- San Luis Obispo Tourist Traps