Kilmartin Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Kilmartin

The Lord of the Isles: Welcoming & Open

by scottishvisitor Updated Feb 27, 2008

Lord of the Isles

When we stopped in Croahb Haven we were in desperate need of a cup of coffee and were pleased to read on the sign outside the Lord of the Isles Hotel that they were open. The bar area is on two levels with a huge open fire place on the lower level, this is where we chose to sit. A single red rose in a little glass vase was positioned on every table and windowsill. The views of the Sound of Jura were stunning from here. I liked the use of old singer sewing machine stands to support the highly polished table tops this all added to the perfect tranquility of this place.

Favorite Dish: We only had coffee here served up sweetly with a little grated chocolate on top and a piece of sweet tablet (something like toffee/fudge but not quite) on the side. I did check their menu and not surprisingly, given the hotel's close proximity to the sea, the seafood featured highly here with mussels cooked in whisky being a speciality of the house. Prices vary here along with the seasons with summer being the most expensive time to have a meal.

Melfort Mermaid: Eat in or take away

by scottishvisitor Updated Apr 4, 2011

Melfort Mermaid

The Melfort Mermaid is a popular restaurant not only for people staying in the self catering houses but also with other customers who find themselves in this remote spot. The restaurant has a large deck area where you can relax over a drink and ponder with the menu before deciding if you should eat in or takeaway. I found their menu a bit uninspiring and had a distinct feeling most of the food was pre prepared and then microwaved.

Favorite Dish: We had two meals from here both were takeaway The meals were well insulated to ensure the food stayed hot but this also produced a warm salad. I had the fish and chips and must say its a first for me to have this dish complete with a strawberry Kenny had a sirlion steak which he assured me tasted just cooked . Maybe its just me who doesn't really like my meal in a box but I did like the convenience of eating at home so to speak.

Kilmartin Hotel: Fine wholesome Scottish Food

by scottishvisitor Updated Feb 27, 2008

Through the Arch

The bar and dinning room in the Kilmartin Hotel has a very welcoming feeling mostly due to its friendly and helpful staff. The tables are well spaced in lots of nooks and crannies. We took a table in the bar area beside a warm log burning fire. The furnishings and fittings are all made from very dark shining wood giving the room an old world feel.

Favorite Dish: The menu here was based mainly on local homecooked food with a good selection of snacks and baked potatoes. I had a big bowl of lentil soup served with bread and butter, Kenny had ham sandwiches served with fresh salad. We finished with coffee and shortbread -a nice place to enjoy a spot of lunch.

• hayward68's Profile Photo

by hayward68 Written Aug 28, 2002

Kilmartin Hotel

This was my ex's local pub so we were here a few times. You can order food to eat in the pub or go into the dining room. The pub is quite small, but they're friendly, especially when a local lad brings in a strange woman! Oh we were quite the topic of gossip there!
    As the name suggests, it's also a hotel.
    There's music here sometimes on weekends, it might even be my ex-boyfriend.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed everything I ate here, especially the deep fried scampi.

Instant Answers: Kilmartin

Comments

Kilmartin Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kilmartin restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kilmartin sightseeing.