Oban Sports & Outdoors

Best Rated Sports & Outdoors in Oban

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo

Kayaking

by scottishvisitor Updated Dec 8, 2009

Seafreedom Kayaks offer courses to beginners and more experienced kayakers. The tuition is offered in small groups and is available from May until October. You can sail the open sea or various lochs around the Argyll area.
    Please note this tip is already starred because I changed the sport.

Equipment: No equipment is necessary as all can be hired from the company. You may want to bring your own wet suit but these are also available in various sizes.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Travel with Pets

• antz's Profile Photo

Argyll Shukokai

by antz Updated May 24, 2005

Well, I am a major karate fan. I did karate for about 8 years when I was younger, and then gave it up when I moved to Glasgow as I couldn't find a club that was suitable. However, now that I have moved back up here, I have joined Argyll Shukokai.

This is a great club, and if you are looking at staying in Oban for an extended period of time, and are looking for a great way to keep fit, this is it!

There is a class every Monday night at the Old Crofters which is just off of Combie street, above Stoddarts. Classes start at 7.00pm for kids and 8.00pm for adults and the cost is only £2.50. For those above green belt, like myself, there is also a Kata class on a Friday at 7.30pm. The instructors are great, and new members are always welcome.

Good websites to check out are www.argyll-shukokai.co.uk and www.argyllshukokai.cjb.net

Instant Answers: Oban

Comments

Oban Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Oban sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Oban sightseeing.