Perth Restaurants

Having a dip
    by scottishvisitor
    Dry Land Ducks
    by scottishvisitor
    The Best Indian in Perth!
    by scotlandscotour

Most Recent Restaurants in Perth

• iaint's Profile Photo

Atholl Arms Hotel, Dunkeld: best avoided

by iaint Updated Jan 5, 2009

We stopped off here for lunch on our way from Inverness to Fife, and having left it a bit late (forgetting that many places stop serving at 2) we were a bit desperate!

I had haggis, neeps and tatties, which was just as you'd expect (hard to go wrong, I suppose).

But my friend ordered a "dressed salmon salad". We managed to negotiate "no mayonnaise", but the fuss that seemed to create over at the electronic cash machine made me a bit nervous. What turned up was a real eye opener. Very nice piece of poached salmon, but with 3 slices of cucumber, 2 pieces of lettuce and - wait for it - potato crisps, grated (orange) cheddar cheese and "bought in" coleslaw (yes, mayonnaise based).

As I said later, maybe just acceptable for £5 in the pub, but for £8.95 in a hotel?

We ordered 2 espressos afterwards and they took about 20 minutes to appear.

£25 for lunch for 2 (1 main course, 1 soft drink & 1 coffee each) - not good value.

Favorite Dish: Mmm...pass on that!

• iaint's Profile Photo

No 1 The Bank: yummee lunch

by iaint Written Oct 12, 2007

Very good lunch spot. Its a hotel restaurant (usually bad news in Scotland) but service was good, food excellent, surroundings pleasant and comfortable, and the atmosphere just right.
    I wasn't paying, so I can't comment on the prices!
    Menu was good and I could have chosen just about anything from it.
    My companion was happy with his food too.

Favorite Dish: I had BBQ pork loin, with chorizo sauerkraut & salad. Highly recommended.

• Business Travel

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo

Atholl Arms Hotel: If you like your meals in a Bothy

by scottishvisitor Updated Nov 14, 2005

Having a dip

All food is served in the Bothy Bar. Very relaxing & friendly atmosphere sitting next to a blazing fire, although my friend found out it was a gas fire not coal as she expected when she threw her tissues into it. You check your table number & order & pay for your food at the bar.

Favorite Dish: We saw the ducks before going into the restaurant - I love ducks but could not eat them So had the mince & tatties. My friend had macaroni. Strangely as well as veg with your meal the also give you salad - We both finished with Lockerbie Bread & Butter Pudding - yummy

• scotlandscotour's Profile Photo

Manzil's - The Best in Perth: Indian Food is Great in Scotland

by scotlandscotour Written Mar 19, 2004

The Best Indian in Perth!

The Best Indian Restaurant in Perth. Opposite the Library (convenient! See Must Do tips).

Scotland has a secret world of excellent Indian Chefs, so if you are a little put off by the traditional/poular haggis and fish suppers, head for an "Indian". the food has morphed into a distinctive Scottish version of classic Indian cooking - god I'm getting hungry writing this.

Favorite Dish: Lamb!
    All these sheep - you'd expect something good, and they've got it.
    Sag gosht, the breads, Tikkas, .....

Buffets and business lunches, plus they deliver, which makes your B&B room smell a bit. Woops!

• Business Travel

• scotlandscotour's Profile Photo

Cafe Tabou - French Bistro: Perth Cafe culture

by scotlandscotour Updated Mar 16, 2004

Perth Pub and Cafes, beside St John's Kirk

The best value for money in Perth.

Excellent staff - French. Unlike most places in Scotland, they really care for you and the food. Wonderful place.

Favorite Dish: Note the Pub next door - Ring O' Bells - popular also. But also notice the peeling paint above. This is so typical. Look upwards and you see some amazing sites.
    Still, the food in Cafe Tabou (right in the photo) is excellent.

Instant Answers: Perth

Comments

Perth Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Perth restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Perth sightseeing.