Places to eat in Western Isles

Most Viewed Restaurants in Western Isles

PARK GUEST HOUSE RESTAURANT: EAT EARLY

by DAO Written Jun 25, 2014

The Park Guest House house has won Eat Scotland Awards from 2007 to 2012 and deserved everyone. The owners, Roddy and Catherine Afrin, run a first class accommodation. I only ate here, but the whole house looked beautiful. They have been written about in the Taste of Scotland Guide since 1990. They even offer cooking classes, just email them! I ate early and enjoyed the Early Bird menu (served from 5pm to 6.30pm). I had plenty to eat and found every bite delicious. My steak was perfection itself. A very up-scale and intimate restaurant.

Favorite Dish:

Haggis served on button mushrooms to start. Rare Scottish Ribeye steak with peppercorn sauce and a glass of house red.

PARK GUEST HOUSE RESTAURANT
    • Wine Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

ELEVEN AT THE CALADH INN: BRILLIANT BUFFET

by DAO Written Jun 25, 2014

When I was told that one of the best restaurants on the Isle of Lewis was a 'hotel restaurant buffet' - I had my doubts. As I walked into this large restaurant, I noticed there were not many people and I had more doubts. Then I had a look at the food - with my plate in hand- and I started to think differently. All the dished looked great and so did the salads. Some real care had been taken in creating essentially vegetarian dishes. Don't worry I did have some roast meat to go with everything. They also had several casseroles, fish dishes and pasta options. This was a very hearty, satisfying and filling meal. And the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. A good meal and a good deal.

The bar is open from 7am (really!) to 11pm.
    Breakfast : 7.00 – 9.30 am, Monday – Saturday (Sunday 8.00 – 10.00am)
    Lunch: 12.00 – 2.00 pm, daily.
    A la carte dinner: Monday – Saturday 5.00 – 9.00 pm.
    Sunday Special: 12.00 – 4.00 pm, 5.00 – 8.00 pm.

ELEVEN AT THE CALADH INN ELEVEN AT THE CALADH INN ELEVEN AT THE CALADH INN ELEVEN AT THE CALADH INN ELEVEN AT THE CALADH INN
    • Business Travel

THAI CAFÉ: NASTY

by DAO Written Jun 5, 2012

Its not just the hair in my food. My food was just nasty. I have had good and wonderful Thai food, including in Thailand. This place sucks and I cannot believe they have been open more than 10 years. My starter was some deep fried skewers that were ok. My sizzling main meal - complete with hair from one of the staff members who donated it - was horrible. I ended up at the grocery store getting snacks before I went back to my hotel. Inside the toilet - fitting somehow - is a sign that says this:

"To make evry food in the world taste good is not hard but to make everyone like it is impossible" - Panida Macdonald, Thai Café.

Sorry - it is harder than you think.

Stornaway and the Isle of Lewis don't have many restaurants, but they have some excellent restaurants. Make sure you stay out of here and find them.

Favorite Dish:
    My beer. that was ok. Of course I brought my OWN beer in! (byob - 50P)

shocking
    • Women's Travel
    • Seniors
    • Gay and Lesbian

Western Isles Hotels

• Cabarfeidh Hotel

Doesnt look much from outside but the rooms are nice. Nice clean modern bathroom Food is...

• Isle of Barra Hotel

Such potential in an amazing location on the beach. As soon as you move inside the experience soon...

• Royal Hotel

53 Reviews - 73 Photos
Barra Island Hotels
1 Review - 3 Photos

Instant Answers: Western Isles

Comments

Western Isles Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Western Isles restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Western Isles sightseeing.
Map of Western Isles