Stevenage Travel Guide

• Stevenage Museum & Church of St Andrew & St George
    Stevenage Museum & Church of St Andrew &...
    Exterior (2)
    Exterior (3)

Stevenage Things to Do

by gordonilla Updated Oct 7, 2010

Oddly I could not find the museum; however I came across a building which I thought was a church - which in fact turned out to be both a church and the museum.

I was surprised at the contents of the museum, it covered local history as many similar museums do. However it also had a few interesting special and small exhibitions running. During my visit, they were showing:

"On the Box: Children's TV since the 1950s"

They managed to showcase many well known UK children's programmes. From Hector's House to Mr Benn and Dr Who to Blue Peter.

Although fairly small, they seem to have an enthusiastic staff and great aspirations and ideas.

OPENING HOURS:

Monday to Saturday between 10.00 and 17.00.

Closed Sunday and Public Holidays.

ACCESS:

Museum and gardens are fully accessible for everyone.

Exterior (1) Exterior (2) Exterior (3) Exterior (4) Interior (1)

Stevenage Hotels

Stevenage Restaurants

• vichatherly's Profile Photo

by vichatherly Written Mar 4, 2013

We recently found this place and so popped in for Sunday lunch.

This is a lovely pub/restaurant. with oak beams and a wood fire. Make sure you get there early if you haven't reserved, we arrived just after opening at 12:15.

The restaurant is large enough to drop in on, but dosen't get too noisy when filled.

We'll definitely be returning, maybe with a few relatives in tow.

Favorite Dish: I had the roast beef and the Mrs had the lamb shanks. Excellent portions, served by friendly staff. They even did a junior roast for our little one. He didn't eat a great deal, but they were kind enough to let us have a doggy bag.

I had a tasty pint of "From Russia with Dove".

• Beer Tasting

by gordonilla Written Oct 17, 2010

I was making my way back to Stevenage Railway Station, when I decided that I should perhaps visit the Stevenage Leisure Park. As I crossed the railway bridge, I noticed that there were a range of restaurants.

After a walk around the Park, I decided to visit Prezzo - realising I was in fact very hungry. This was my visit to this venue. It is part of an expanding chain.

Although it was early evening, it was fairly busy, and the bar area had a buzz. The staff were friendly and professional. The décor and style were fairly contemporary.

It had a mix of customers, singles, couples and groups - a few work groups arrived as I was eating.

Favorite Dish: Good menu - nice selection. I had an excellent burger, fries and salad.

Exterior Interior (1) Interior (2) Interior (3) Burger and Salad

by tzuki Written Jul 25, 2009

PizzaExpress is located in the Old Town centre, in the main road, so it is easy to find.
    The restaurant is spacious, clean, modern decorated and has a big window screen to the main street.
    The kitchen is open to the main spacious room so you can see how the food is being cooked. It is entertain to see how they made pizzas :)

The service is very good indeed. Our waiter was fast, discreet and funny at the same time.

They offer also "take-a-way" service which I think is good too.

Favorite Dish: We had a fabulous Bruschetta as starters and for main dishes (a classic pizza type ):
    - PADANA: Goat´s cheese, spinach and red onion with caramelized onion confit and a drizzle of garlic oil - for me
    - DIAVOLO: Devilishly hot with spicy beef, pepperoni, onions and Tabasco, with hot green or jalapeno peppers - for Mark

Along two coca lights (for him) and a glass of red wine for me.

For dessert we wanted a Chocolate Fudge Cake to share, but there was nothing remain......... such a pity!

Logo Restaurant brand From their site
    • Business Travel
    • Work Abroad

Stevenage Transportation

by gordonilla Written Mar 14, 2011

It seems that there is a lot of cycling activity in the Stevenage area. They have ensured that there are many cycleways which keep cyclists and pedestrians away from the roads.

I am sure you can use a cycle and link this into a longer journey and using the train.

by tzuki Written Nov 14, 2010

ARRIVA Bus Company is a great bus channel in Stevenage and other areas of Hertfordshire, which works efficiently and most of the drivers are very kind people and always helpful. There are different connections within the city of Stevenage and also with Luton airport (bus number 100), very handy!

Logo from the net
    • Study Abroad
    • Work Abroad

• Stevenage Hotels

16 Hotels in Stevenage

Stevenage Shopping

• Fergie01's Profile Photo

by Fergie01 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Alittle bit of everything is this store. This store, was in Canada but is only in the UK now.....

What to buy: Everything from your hot-water bottle covers to fine food, clothes for the whole family, body and bath products....

What to pay: 2GBP- Up

• Women's Travel

by tzuki Updated Jul 26, 2009

Barbara Anne´s owns a little shop in the Old Town of Stevenage. Most of the items she sells, she made them herself. It is a very nice shop with women garments and accessorizes - a paradise of colours!

What to buy: I bought a nice summer long dress (I paid 20 pounds) and a hand-made bracelet (8.50 pounds).

What to pay: There are different prizes, but you can find very good offers and prizes.

• Don't Forget Insurance

If your current health insurance doesn't cover you while your abroad, you should consider getting international travel insurance just in case something should go wrong.

Instant Answers: Stevenage

Comments

Stevenage Travel Guide
Map of Stevenage