Llangollen Shopping

Shop near the parking area
    by grandmaR

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

unknown: Welsh Love Spoons

by grandmaR Updated May 3, 2009

Looking up main street from bridge

I don't remember the name of the shop, but it was on the main street. It's probably somewhere in the picture. Welsh Love Spoons are a local product. The different carvings have different meanings and you can also buy a pamphlet which tells you what the different symbols mean.

What to buy: When we went back to the carpark in Llangollen (photo 2), I went in to get a birthday card (£1.99 - well actually just a card with space to write whatever message you want) for my Mom whose 93rd birthday was the next week. She is an iris judge and this card had a picture of an iris on it. I also got some clotted cream fudge (£2.00). It tastes to me like the old fashioned caramels that my husband's granny used to make, but sort of grainy. I got the carmel/fudge so that we'd have enough to make an amount that the shop would take without having to give change.

• muguruki's Profile Photo

Maxine's Cafe and Book shop: The best bookshop in North Wales

by muguruki Written Aug 13, 2010

I can spend hours in this shop, I usually have to rush back to my car when I realise that the 3 hours are up in the carpark and I'm flapping in case I get a ticket!

Instant Answers: Llangollen

Comments

Llangollen Shopping

Reviews and photos of Llangollen shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Llangollen sightseeing.