Mold Travel Guide

The Queens Head
    The Queens Head

Mold Things to Do

by muguruki Written Apr 12, 2010

A statue of Daniel Owen the localy born novelist outside Mold library. Mold's most famous son wrote only in Welsh and did a lot of his writing in the tailors shop that is now the Pentan pub.

"Not for the wise and learned have I written, but for the common people."

by muguruki Updated Apr 6, 2010

You wont miss St Mary's church at the top of the hill on the main street.

St Mary's is the resting place of Richard Wilson the landscape painter and founder of the Royal Academy. His tomb can be found round the back of the church.

• Mold Hotels

5 Hotels in Mold

Mold Hotels

Mold Restaurants

• suvanki's Profile Photo

by suvanki Written Aug 19, 2013

This place is owned by Marstons Brewery, and is a typical Pub Grub/ bar, that offers Live Music, Free WiFi, Sky TV/Juke Box etc. Beer Garden/outside smoking area. 'Family Friendly'

We arrived here on Sunday mid afternoon, ready for food and a cold drink.
    It wasn't too busy.
    Perusing the menu, the prices were reasonable, and there was a wide choice of standard 'pub grub' I was hoping to see a Sunday Roast on the menu, but there wasn't.

Burgers,Steaks, Grills, lasagne, scampi and chips, steak and Ale Pie, salads, sandwiches, melts etc.

I finally opted for a Jacket Potato with chilli, Gilly went for the Steak and Ale Pie, which she ordered and paid for at the bar.

Well we waited, and waited ....... The lone waitress apologised and said we'd get our meal soon... we waited some more - by now there was only us and a couple in this dining area.

The food eventually came - it was piping hot! My large potato was nicely cooked and came with a salad garnish, including some pretty fierce slices of onion! The chilli was pleasant enough, not too spicy, but with enough of a 'kick'

Gillys pie came with a jug of gravy, chips and veg.

I was intending having dessert, but was quite full.

Well the place itself was a bit bland, but the waitress was certainly a bit of a character!

Clean toilets.

My Jacket Potato The Queens Head The Queens Head
    • Beer Tasting

by muguruki Written Mar 29, 2010

If there are any birthdays in the family or on a mothers or fathers day this pub/restaurant is invariably where the Muguruki clan will end up. In fact this last mothers day this was where we spent our lunch time; on days such as mothers day it is essential to book early. Even when the place is full it never seems crowded, tables are well spaced out in all of the three rooms of the pub.

Roast dinners seem to be the most popular dishes but there is always a wide choice on daily changing menu. And there is always a choice for veggies like myself.

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Mold? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Mold Nightlife

by muguruki Written Apr 6, 2010

Good boozer this housed in the same building tha Daniel Owen's old man had his taylors shop and where Mold's most famous writer scribbled away.

Not only is this a good boozer for a drink and a meal but they now also have a comedy night.

Mold Shopping

by muguruki Written Apr 8, 2010

Mold market is held on every Wednesday and Saturday. Stalls line the main street and around by the entrance to the library.

Mold Off The Beaten Path

• Eilian's Profile Photo

by Eilian Updated Jun 20, 2005

Are you a freak of ancient Britain?
    Well I am.

I've learned that The Mold Gold Cape comes from this Mold Town I've been to, and is listed one of the top ten treasures of Britain at the British Musem.

British Museum's photo

Instant Answers: Mold

Comments

Mold Travel Guide
Map of Mold