Cardigan Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Cardigan

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Castle Cafe

by Krumlovgirl Written Nov 26, 2006

We had a cream tea at the Castle Café and aside from being very reasonably priced, it was also extremely good. For 1.95 GBP I got two scones piled high with strawberry jam and cream and a pot of tea for 1. It took both of us to eat my scones. The dining area is small and feels like a local’s hangout, which can be nice. It has a downstairs area as well, where live music can be heard on different nights of the week.

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Wishing Well Restaurant

by Krumlovgirl Written Nov 26, 2006

The Wishing Well Restaurant is located within the Rhyd Country House B & B. Please read my review on it for a more detailed look.

We were first taken into the parlor, where we were given a menu and were able to order drinks. For a three course menu the price was 25 GBP per person. I ordered garlic mushrooms and Pete ordered French Onion soup as starters. Once the starters were ready we were taken into the dining room. The dining area was lowlit and homey, without resorting to being kitschy. We were a table for two and were put between a table for six and a table for four which didn’t give us any privacy-my only gripe about the evening. I would have preferred to have been on the other side of the room where there wasn’t anyone sitting. Especially since we were there celebrating. But oh well. The starters were very good, and my mushrooms cooked nearly perfectly. The cream was very rich, however, and I couldn’t finish them. For our entrees, I got a chicken breast with an apple spice sauce and Pete got duck with plum sauce. His dish was my favorite of the two as it was lighter. I didn’t realize that the sauce on my chicken would also be creamed-base so the cream on top of cream was almost too much. Still, it had a very nice taste to it, and the sweetness helped. I ordered cranachan for dessert, a Scottish sweet made up of cream, ice cream, and oats. It had raspberries and strawberries in it, making it very light and a nice finish to the meal.

• The Teifi Blu (Cardigan): A sinking ship!

by ashie1 Written Aug 13, 2005

Our meal was of a very poor standard. The soup was watery and had little substance and the main dishes were minimal with a king prawn dish for four persons consisting of one prawn!.
    There were no hot plates and the dishes were cold which contributed to the food being served at a tepid temperature. When asked at the end of the meal (which we didn't eat) for our opinion we expressed our disappointment at the poor standards, this resulted in our party being ejected from the premises followed by a barage of extreme verbal insults by the restaurant staff.
    I would strongly recommend that anyone considering dining at this "restaurant" should reconsider immediately as this was a truly awful experience.

Instant Answers: Cardigan

Comments

Cardigan Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Cardigan restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cardigan sightseeing.