Llandovery Travel Guide

• Things to Do
    by christine.j

Llandovery Things to Do

by christine.j Written Oct 13, 2006

You can see the ruins of an old Norman castle in Llandovery, very close to the sculpture of Prince Llywellyn. The castle was mentioned in early 12th century, so must have been built prior to that. It was finally destroyed about one hundred years later, at the end of 13th century.

by christine.j Written Oct 13, 2006

The tourist informatin in in the center of Llandovery, next to the main bus station and a large parking lot. I found many interesting brochures there, information about Llandovery and the area around. Maybe it was because the main tourist season was over when I was visiting, but without exception I only met friendly and helpful staff in any of the tourist informations I went to.

• Llandovery Hotels

4 Hotels in Llandovery

Llandovery Hotels

Llandovery Transportation

by christine.j Written Oct 13, 2006

The Heart of Wales Line stops in Llandovery. From the very small train station it's about a ten minute walk into the town centre.There you can find the main bus station, complete with timetables. However, the bus to Brecon doesn't stop there, but for some reason at the train station. You won't find any bus stop there, just wait until you see the bus and then wave . (I was waving like mad, I guess I have to be thankful the driver decided I was harmless enough to let me in).

And at the risk of repeating myself too often: Do take the Heart of Wales Line when you have the chance. I wrote about it on my Brecon Beacon page.

• Trains

Llandovery Shopping

by christine.j Written Oct 13, 2006

At the corner to the Main Street there is the local craft centre. I had wanted to go there, but passed it twice, thinking it was closed. The entrance door is a very small door, arrows in the windows point to it. Inside there are several shops, local craft and touristy things, some tacky as always, but many of them very special. Prices varied a lot, for good handicraft you have to pay the price. Before my visit there I hadn't known there is also Welsh whisky. I had thought this was something from Scotland only.

Instant Answers: Llandovery

Comments

Llandovery Travel Guide
Map of Llandovery