Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Sports & Outdoors

• nickandchris's Profile Photo

Sea Fishing

by nickandchris Updated Feb 8, 2006

Bait digging at Solva

Both Nick and I enjoy sea fishing, although Nick has to tackle up for me and no way could I put a hook through a lug worm. Actually, I prefer jgging for mackerel, no live bait required and I love mackerel!!!
    Anyway, we had a few odd casts at various places , not with much luck. In fact, we didn't catch anything worth eating but there's always the next time!!
    We were advised the best place for digging lug worm was Solva harbour so off we toddled. Yes, with some strenuous digging from Nick we ended up with some very decent worms. It's just a shame they didn't entice anything to eat them on our hooks!!!.

Equipment: Beach rods and reels, lug and rag worms, other fishy bait, warm clothes and lots and lots and lots of patience. Better if it's a nice day then you can at least get a sun-tan at the same time!!!

• Beaches
    • Fishing

• nickandchris's Profile Photo

Dale

by nickandchris Updated Feb 7, 2006

Dale

For those who enjoy all aspects of water sports, Dale is the spot. It is situated on the north side of Milford Haven, the bad point being the blot on the landscape of the oil refineries across the way.
    It's probably the most well known place in Wales for boating etc. and it's sheltered town bay is ideal for beginners. The other beach, on the western side of the Dale peninsula, Westdale, is much more exposed and susceptible to strong currents. Popular with surfers.
    Dale is a pretty village but I'm afraid too full of boaties nowadays. We thought Westdale beach looked fantastic, the surf was pounding in but it was raining and we couldn't find anywhere to park to walk down.
    Dale also has a field study centre housed in an old Victorian fort.

Equipment: I'm sure you could get everything you needed in Dale.

• Sailing and Boating
    • Surfing
    • Windsurfing

Instant Answers: Pembrokeshire Coast National Park

Comments

Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Pembrokeshire Coast National Park sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pembrokeshire Coast National Park sightseeing.

View all Pembrokeshire Coast National Park hotels