Places to eat in Dyfed

Most Viewed Restaurants in Dyfed

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

The Wishing Well-Cardigan

by Krumlovgirl Written Nov 26, 2006

The Wishing Well Restaurant is part of the Rhyd Country House B&B. Pleasr check out my review on it for a better overview of the place.

We were first taken into the parlor, where we were given a menu and were able to order drinks. For a three course menu the price was 25 GBP per person. I ordered garlic mushrooms and Pete ordered French Onion soup as starters. Once the starters were ready we were taken into the dining room. The dining area was lowlit and homey, without resorting to being kitschy. We were a table for two and were put between a table for six and a table for four which didn’t give us any privacy-my only gripe about the evening. I would have preferred to have been on the other side of the room where there wasn’t anyone sitting. Especially since we were there celebrating. But oh well. The starters were very good, and my mushrooms cooked nearly perfectly. The cream was very rich, however, and I couldn’t finish them. For our entrees, I got a chicken breast with an apple spice sauce and Pete got duck with plum sauce. His dish was my favorite of the two as it was lighter. I didn’t realize that the sauce on my chicken would also be creamed-base so the cream on top of cream was almost too much. Still, it had a very nice taste to it, and the sweetness helped. I ordered cranachan for dessert, a Scottish sweet made up of cream, ice cream, and oats. It had raspberries and strawberries in it, making it very light and a nice finish to the meal.

Dyfed Hotels

• The Clarence House Hotel

My partner & I stayed at the Clarence House Hotel for two nights recently, & it was like stepping...

• Spilman Hotel

36 Spilman Street, Carmarthen, SA31 1LQ, United Kingdom

Satisfaction: Excellent

Good for: Solo

• Richmond Hotel

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff are really friendly – especially the barman/waiter. My room...

Top Dyfed Hotels

1 Review - 2 Photos
Milford Haven Hotels
1 Hotel

Instant Answers: Dyfed

Comments

Dyfed Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Dyfed restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dyfed sightseeing.
Map of Dyfed