Tenby Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Tenby

• halikowski's Profile Photo

Feccis FIsh and Chips: fresh fish and chips

by halikowski Updated Jun 7, 2014

Best fish and chip shop I know. The fish is fresh and tasty, and the batter is crisp and not soggy; it comes apart from the fish as you eat it. Also, you can order fresh line and pole mackerel if they have it.

Barbucci: First Class Indian

by Myfanwe Written Oct 6, 2013
    Barbucci

Barbucci has got to be Tenby's best kept secret. It's situated off a side street near the train station and if you look on google street view (like I did) it appears to be in a small 'lean to' at the rear of one of the big houses. In this case, apprearences really are deceptive and after entering through the door, you go down some stairs and enter this wonderful restaurant with an array of quirky seating arrangements including a table in an undercroft. The staff here were friendly and attentive, the food was wonderful and it was altogether a great experience and I cannot wait for a return visit.

Candy's: Great Sea Views

by Myfanwe Written Oct 25, 2011

Candy's

This lovely little Cafe is situated right on the cliff edge giving some great views out to sea with North Beach in one direction and the beautiful Harbour area and Castle hill in the other direction. The food served here is the traditional seaside fayre such as fish and chips, cottage pie etc. We opted for the fish and chips washed down with a lovely mug of tea. The fish was really nice with crisp, light batter although the chips were a bit on the bland side. The service was prompt and prices were about average. I would definitely call back here again but I may just opt for coffee and a cake next time.

• Beaches

• droscar's Profile Photo

Buccaneer Tenby: Daily Specials Good - but slow service a la carte!

by droscar Written Jul 18, 2010

A busy restaurant with an outside beer garden as well. Seems very good for children with their own menu - means noisy so not for those wanting peace and quiet.

Daily specials (fish pie etc..) good and promptly delivered. Anything off the main menu takes for ever - they told us 'up to half an hour is normal' Sumo fish cakes expensive and poor

Favorite Dish: Daily specials - quicker service
    Nice to be able to eat outside

• droscar's Profile Photo

QUBE: Set Early Menu Good Value

by droscar Written Jul 18, 2010

A pleaant setting in Tudor Square. Attentive staff. Wide range of fish dishes and specials.
    Typical prices for Tenby. Good value early menu at £10/main (choice of 3 but don't change much!) and £2.50 for starter or dessert - great apple pie and homemade soup. Adequate portions for the price. Also went on regular menu - great sea bass!

Favorite Dish: Anthing with fish - meat dishes good too

• Myfanwe's Profile Photo

Tasty food but not enough of it!

by Myfanwe Written Feb 20, 2010

Bay of Bengal

While staying in Tenby for my Birthday, we decided to mark the occasion with a visit to a nearby Indian Restaurant. The Bay of Bengal is a pleasant Restaurant overlooking the Harbour in Tenby. There was a seating area downstairs with sea views and one table near to where we were sitting upstairs which would have had sea views if it wasn't dark outside. After we were seated, it took forever for the waiter to take our order but once he did the food did not take that long to come. The food was lovely but the portion sizes were not huge so if you're wondering (like I did) whether you would be able to eat your main course if you had a starter, the answer would be yes! Even though the food was really nice, I thought the restaurant felt a little cold in temparature and atmosphere when we went in February although I'm sure the place is a little livlier in the Summer.

• Myfanwe's Profile Photo

The Lifeboat Tavern: Ahoy there...

by Myfanwe Written Feb 19, 2010

The Lifeboat Tavern

This colourful pub is situated in the centre of Tenby just off Tudor Square. The outside is painted in RNLI colours and the interior is decorated with lots of Mariner artifacts. We called in here to get out of the rain for a quick drink and a snack. There was a lovely menu with lots of wholesome pub grub on offer. We opted for some Nachos to share as we were having a big meal later that evening. The Nacho's were lovely, they were covered with lots of cheese and came with relish, jalapeno peppers and sour cream.

The Coach and Horses: Oldest Pub

The Coach and Horses

The Coach and horses is the Oldest Pub in Tenby and is packed foll of history, There are some great period features like the great log fires.
    It is said that the likes of Dylan Thomas have drank in this pub
    They have a Thai chef and so as well as offering the normal types of pub food they do a great Thai menu and foods from all over the world all with that special oriental twist.
    Everynight there is a full tapas menu from as little as £3.95 each.

If you don't want to eat thats fine because it is just a pub and you can call in for a drink or one of their great looking cocktails.

The Lifeboat Tavern: Good Place

The Lifeboat Tavern

We called in the Lifeboat Tavern as a break from the rain and to get something light for lunch.
    the pub is decorated as you vould expect with a sea and boat theme with the bar being boat shaped and lots of seafaring items on the walls.
    we ordered some drinks and Nachos to share. they were great with plenty of jalapenos and lots of cheese.

• Wine Tasting

• Balam's Profile Photo

The Bay Of Bengal: Bay of Bengal or a Slow Boat to China??

The Bay Of Bengal

The Bay of Bengal is a nice restaurant that overlooks the sea, they have a downstairs indoor terrace with tables that overlook Tenby Harbour, and unfortunately we were seated upstairs without a view.
    The menu has some great choices and we quickly decided on what we would like, we both just opted for main course of a curry each with rice and a Garlic Nan bread to share.
    The waiter was far more interested in his lap top than taking our order and we had to wait quite a while, when he eventually got away from face book or whatever he took our order.
    The food came, not quickly but it did not take too long to arrive.
    It was really nice and tasty but we did regret not ordering a starter as well because the portions are not very large but we were trying not to spend too much and it is not the cheapest place around. I was surprised about this as I have found that most unlicensed restaurants are usually great value for money but maybe it is just because we have a lot of Indian restaurants in Manchester.

The food was nice but not greatalthough really only the wait to order spoilt it, but i would not go again as there are plenty of other restaurants in Tenby.

• Plantagenet House: Horrible, horrible, horrible!

by laurandal Updated Jul 6, 2008

Pleeease do NOT waste your time with this restaurant. My partner and I were after somewhere a bit special to eat, so spent the day (amongst doing other things) looking for the best restaurant we could find in Tenby. After searching high and low, we decided that the Plantagenet House had the best looking selection for a pair of fish lovers like ourselves. It was probably the most pricey, but we thought "hell, it claims to be the "best seafood restaurant in Wales" (or some other such total hyperbole), sod the expense!" The proprietor informed us that they were fairly busy (usually a good sign), but we'd definitely get a seat if we turned up at about 7:30, subject to a possible half hour wait. So we turned up at 7:30, and were shown to the downstairs bar to wait. The room was packed to the rafters with people in varying states of impatience/fidgetyness, and there was in instant sense of impending wrongness. We waited, and we waited. And we waited. The proprietor did a reasonable, if somewhat slimy, job of appeasing the rabble by making regular, if not empty, promises about the time until they would be seated. They clearly did not understand the idea of turning customers away for the good of the restaurant, they just had way, way too many bookings.

It was at least 9:15 before we were seated and our bottle of wine had been emptied. Half-cut and a little agitated we were shown to a pleasant table which raised the spirits a little. No apology was made for the wait. After ordering, the food took another age to arrive, by this time it was beyond a joke. The starters were absolutely disgusting, and I don't say such things lightly, but they more than worthy of such disdain. My Mackerel was off, it literally fizzed on the tongue, how old it was I a pathologist would have struggled to determine. It was archaeologically old... My partners Goats Cheese at least APPEARED to be in date, but was rendered inedible by the excessive use of reduced balsamic poured ALL over it. You literally couldn't taste the cheese for the sickly sweetness of the dressing. It was one of those horrible restaurants that seemed to have caught wind of some 'contemporary dining' ideas, but didn't have the faintest inkling how any of it was supposed to taste. "We'll use balsamic vinegar and strawberries, because they're in vogue - I think I've heard Nigella talk about them, OMG!" Truly woeful. However, my partner didn't wish to make a fuss, so against my better judgment the starters went unchallenged. The main courses fared only slightly better. My partners fish was just plain bad - overcooked, dry and bland. My lamb was acceptable... Pretty shoddy going for a seafood restaurant that the only thing they could get halfway right was lamb.

I cannot understand why this place seems to attract such custom, I can quite unreservedly say it's the worst meal out I have had in years. And with a >£40 a head price tag, it's just even more unfathomable. Please save your money and eat ANYWHERE else in Tenby.

Favorite Dish: N/A.

• plantagenet restaurant: read this before you book

by lin18 Written Jun 15, 2007

I am so disgusted the way we were treated at this restaurant I felt I had to write a review. We booked a table for 4 as a special treat for my elderly parents. We ordered 3 lemon sole @ £20 per head and 1 filet steak @ £23.00. When the meal came they served my mother her lemon sole and myself a fillet steak which Although I ordered it medium it was very small and well done, My mother started to debone and take the head off her lemon sole, then waiter then came and told us there was a problem in the kitchen and the other two meals would be served in 4-5 minutes and gave us the option of carrying on with eating our food or he would take it back and serve fresh when the other two meals were ready, we obviously ageed on the latter. 30 minutes went by and all our meals were ready, and to our horror when my father started to debone his lemon sole it was the same lemon sole my mother was served thirty minutes earlier, the head had been carefully put back on and the bones put underneath the fish. That wasnt the end I moved the sauce off my steak to discover the cut in the steak I had made earlier, I had also been served the same steak 30 minutes later. We complained, no apology, just offered to cook us fresh. We had to walk out of the restaurant to the embarrasment of my elderly parents. If you want to go to a restaurant to be treated like this and waste your hard earned cash well this is the one. There are so many good quality restaurants in tenby please dont waste your time with this one.

• Spincat's Profile Photo

Plantagenet House: Lush food in wonderful surroundings

by Spincat Updated Jan 12, 2007

Plantagenet House

This is one of my favourite places to eat in West Wales. A beautiful old building near to the Tudor Merchants House, down a little crack of a street off the square. It has an old Flemish chimney and one of those delightful higgledy piggledy interiors.

I've been two or three times over the years, and the food is always good: the best thing about it being that it uses fresh top quality local produce, and tries to bring a 'Welsh' feel to some of the dishes. Some good seafood dishes, and venison in season. Expensive - you will be splashing out here; about £20 for a main course even! Posh for Spincat.

I was introduced to organic red wine here - the power of suggestion or not, I don't know, but I didn't get my normal red-wine-hangover. A good wine list anyway.

Lovely friendly service - but never rushed. Don't come if you are very hungry and like really quick food delivery. this is a place to take take things slow.

• Luxury Travel

• Spincat's Profile Photo

Fecci and Sons ("'Top Geos'"): Old fashioned parlours and tea rooms

by Spincat Updated Jan 12, 2007

Tenby city wall

For ice cream fanatics: an old fashioned parlour for sundaes, splits, ice cream floats and all kind of baroque concoctions!

The picture shows Fecci's on the left, just beyond the arch. The arch itself is in the old city wall.

This is a simple family place, nothing fancy in the decor. Bright with ice creams, exotics toppings, wafer fans, multi-coloured sprinkles.

Popular with kids and with adults.

Favorite Dish: Favourite dish is the Ice Cream float:
    Coke, or another carbonated drink is served in a tall glass with a scoop or two of ice cream floating in it: the icecream goes gooey, partly melts, creating a kind of foam on the top of the drink. Some of the icecream remains frozen. Tackle it with a straw and a spoon.

• cjsbella's Profile Photo

The Plantagenet: great ambience, all fresh organic food

by cjsbella Written Mar 11, 2004

The restaurant is housed in the oldest house in Tenby, thus creating a great ambience.
    All the staff are friendly and accommodating.
    The food is freshly prepared and uses local produce.

Favorite Dish: Starter - potato and chorizo salad wuth rocket.

Main - lamb shank.

All fish is expertly cooked

Instant Answers: Tenby

Comments

Tenby Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Tenby restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tenby sightseeing.