Caerleon Favorites

Best Rated Favorites in Caerleon

• ettiewyn's Profile Photo

Guided Tour to Caerleon

by ettiewyn Updated Apr 21, 2012

Favorite thing: I had booked a guided tour that included Caerleon as well as Tintern Abbey and Raglan Castle. Although it would probably have been possible to visit these places on public transport, it was much easier like this and saved me time and hassle.
    I did the tour with See Wales tours and it was very good - the guide was fantastic and very knowledgeable (he had a degree in history and therefore really knew what he was talking about), and the itinerary was very good. We had more than enough time at every place we visited and could do everything at leisure. We were only two people taking part, though, so I suppose the itinerary is a little tighter if the group is bigger.

So, as I explained, the tour itself was really great, but I also had problems with the company. I had booked three different tours with them, and the first one was cancelled without telling me - I waited at the pick-up point in the morning and nobody turned up. When I called them, they apologized very much and were very friendly, but later they said that it was my fault because I had not given them my mobile number. I think that this is not a valid excuse because they definitely had the number of my accommodation and could have called me there which they did not do.
    The next day, I did the tour to the Gower Peninsula with them and they confirmed that I could do the tour that I missed on another day, and that the following two tours would definitely go as planned. However, on the evening before the second tour was to take place, they called me again and said that it was cancelled because I was the only customer. The same for the second tour - I was the only customer, too, and they said that maybe that one would be cancelled as well.
    It was this that made me very furious - just one day earlier they had confirmed that now everything was ok and working, just to call one day later to say "Oh sorry, we need to cancel everything!"
    To me, this is just not the behavior of a trustworthy company. If you need to cancel - ok, but be honest about it and inform your customers about this possibility earlier - don't pretend that everything is fine and alright to call at last minute! It really was a huge disappointment.
    I went to Brecon on my own, which was fine, but I was so furious that I called them again and they promised me to do the Caerleon, Tintern & Raglan tour no matter what. And so it happened, they did the tour although we were only two people booked on it. Thus, in the end I was fine with everything, but all the phone calls still made my trip a bit stressful.
    To clarify: I am absolutely ok with the fact that tour companies cancel trips if there are not enough people booked on them, but I am not ok with the way how this company handled it, first promising that everything was ok and that my tours would depart 100%, and the next day calling me in the evening and telling me they were cancelled.

Apparently, there are not many guided tours running from Cardiff in the winter season because there not enough tourists booking them, so be aware of this if you are a single traveller and if you book a tour, prepare an alternative itinerary just in case it is cancelled.
    If you are a group of people, or travelling in high season, I still recommend this tour very much - it was an excellent tour, unfortunately just with a bad management organizing it. At least I got a refund for my missed tour very quickly!

Their website is: www.seewales.com

• Worst person in the college

by Hujiop Written Oct 12, 2004

Favorite thing: The worst person to go th ecollege was a snob called Tom in 2000, he had long blone, hair, and had a posh voice, he has been locked up for beinmg a nutter since though, like the horrible woman who worked in electronique boutique, well i jhope eand expect they have

Instant Answers: Caerleon

Comments

Caerleon Favorites

Reviews and photos of Caerleon favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Caerleon sightseeing.