Pontypool Travel Guide

Pontypool Restaurants

• Myfanwe's Profile Photo
    The Goytre Arms 4 more images

by Myfanwe Updated Jan 22, 2011

The Goytre Arms is situated on one of the Major routes South of Abergavenny. It is a great looking building with plenty of car parking space at the rear and some nice outdoor seating and play area for those sunny days. We called in for a meal on a not so sunny day in January! The interior of the pub is spacious and light. There is a more formal eating area or you can have your meal in the lounge or bar. The menu is quite extensive and I spotted a sign on the bar that they can conjure up some unusual meals such as Ostrich steak. The prices are a little above average for the area but we were just hoping the meals were worth it. I opted for the good old chicken curry with half rice and half chips, served with a poppadom. The meal was tasty enough but was nowhere near enough worth the £10.50 on the bill at the end. For that amount of money I would expect to leave feeling very full and not hungry again after an hour or so. I'd like to think the other meals on the menu were worth the money - the special of the day was fish & chips which I was assured was very nice. The service we received here was excellent & cannot be faulted.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Pontypool

Comments

Pontypool Travel Guide
Map of Pontypool