Tintern Abbey Restaurants

by littlesam1
    by Balam
    by Balam

Most Recent Restaurants in Tintern Abbey

• The White Monk - Tintern: Favorite tea in England and Wales!

by skipsheart Written Jul 12, 2011

We greatly enjoyed our visit to The White Monk after spending several hours exploring the Abbey ruins. The baked goods were excellent and I cannot stop thinking about the wonderful texture of the scones and the delicious lemon cake that I had! We had tea everywhere, including The Ritz in London and the Angel in Abergavenny (both very good), but this was my absolute favorite. It is unpretentious, but charming and welcoming and authentic. I wish that we had scones like the ones served at The White Monk here in North Carolina!! The lovely blue geraniums in the planter just outside the door are worth a look also if you visit in the summer.

Favorite Dish: The scones with clotted cream and jam, but the lemon cake was melt-in-your-mouth delicious, also. I cannot describe the wonderful texture of the scones, but it was different than that of any others that I tasted- and I tasted quite a few scones across England and Wales!

• Castles and Palaces

• littlesam1's Profile Photo

The Anchor: The Anchor at Tintern Abbey

by littlesam1 Updated May 30, 2011

I can not tell you much about The Anchor at Tintern Abbey. We did not stop here, or eat here, or even get a drink here. But I did see it sitting just across the street from The Abbey and thought it would be good for my VT page to add a restaurant location. So if your hungry or thirsty, you can get something to satisfy you while visiting the Abbey. We had our lunch later in the afternoon in the villiage of Chepstow about six miles down the road.

• Balam's Profile Photo

The Anchor: Great looking Pub

by Balam Updated Jan 19, 2010

The Anchor

Next to the Abbey is this great looking pub that as you can see by the pictures apeared to have been constructed on and using the ruins of the original cider mill of the Abbey and i have read that the horse-drawn apple press which was used to crush the apples from the abbey’s orchards still dominates a commanding position in what is now the main bar.
    Sadly it was not open at the time we visited but as the Abbey was closed due to the weather we will be visiting again and i hope to call in the pub for a drink or something to eat and see what other features it has.

• Beer Tasting

• Myfanwe's Profile Photo

The White Monk: Lovely little coffee shop

by Myfanwe Written Jan 2, 2010

The White Monk, Tintern

The White Monk coffee shop is situated just across the road from Tintern Abbey, it provides an excellent opportunity for a cuppa or maybe a bite to eat after your visit to the Abbey.

There is a lovely little gift shop here too, selling all sorts of local memorabilia and gifts. You must order your coffee etc at the gift shop counter and then go down the stairs into the quaint stone walled cafe area with a lovely log burning fire. We visited in the winter but in the summer (if it's dry) there is additional seating outdoors.

• Balam's Profile Photo

The White Monk: A Nice Shop and Tea Room

by Balam Updated Jan 19, 2010

The White Monk

We called in here and had a browse around the small shop before having a coffee in the lower ground floor tea room.

Instant Answers: Tintern Abbey

Comments

Tintern Abbey Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Tintern Abbey restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tintern Abbey sightseeing.

View all Tintern Abbey hotels