Beddgelert Restaurants

River Garden Restaurant
    by percy961

Most Recent Restaurants in Beddgelert

• doofus's Profile Photo

Lyn's Cafe: Overated and overpriced!

by doofus Written Jul 5, 2009

My wife and I had the misfortune to eat at this place on our last evening in Beddgelert. The food was very poor and extremely overpriced.
    I had the Mushroom and Peppers stroganoff. The peppers were sliced with a razor blade and the mushrooms were small and overcooked. I had only a few strands of thinly sliced red pepper. I chose it because it was on the 'specials' board. I paid £9.95 for it which was basically a thick soup with some mushrooms. No-one came to check if our meal was OK. My wife had the 'Gelert grill'. Again very poor. The so called grilled chicken tasted like dry processed chicken. Sausage was deep fried in oil as was the bacon. Honesty, for £9.95 as well. On a plus side the chips were OK.
    Please don't waste your time and money eating in there. They obviously take holidaymakers for granted.
    They even have the audacity to charge for using a debit/credit card!! What restaurant, worth it's salt, does that?!
    Sitting outside they have metal chairs. There are about 30 odd chairs but they only have about 6 cushions for them. They really do NOT understand customer service at all!

Favorite Dish: The chips looked OK. In lieu of the vegetables(peas and carrots) and chips I asked if I could have something else as I am a diabetic and cutting out carbohydrates and root veg. In return they gave me a very very sad excuse for a salad. Very small portion indeed. In fact there was more diced red pepper in that than in my Mushroom and peppers stroganoff!!

An awful place.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Trains
    • Seniors

• wojsyl's Profile Photo

Beddgelert Bistro & Antiques: Beddgelert Antiques

by wojsyl Written Sep 26, 2004

Great cuisine with great ambiance.
    Nice, cozy decorated rooms, friendly staff.
    Dinner there is a must if you're in Beddgelert.

There's also a B&B but we've not slept there.

Favorite Dish: Exotic game dishes, great desserts.

• Wine Tasting

• percy961's Profile Photo

River Garden Restaurant: Not the Greatest

by percy961 Written Aug 26, 2006
    River Garden Restaurant

Another place I cannot inmy heart recommend, the service was slow and the meals were mediocre

Instant Answers: Beddgelert

Comments

Beddgelert Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Beddgelert restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Beddgelert sightseeing.