Llandudno Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Llandudno

• lomi's Profile Photo

Fat Cat: I drank too much at the Wine Bar

by lomi Updated May 29, 2013

A funky wine bar to hang out it. The menu is inspired and the food great. Good choice of wines

Licensing Hours

11am – 11pm Monday – Saturday
    12am – 10.30pm Sunday

Favorite Dish: Cod wrapped in bacon on a bed of mash.

We arrived on Thursday evening and were offered the cocktail of the day free with our meal for 9.99 GBP each.

A pity it only arrived after we had eaten, as the waitress forgot our drinks as she spent nearly the whole of our meal talking to the only other couple in the restaurant part (walk through the wine bar and up the steps).

I have recently heard this winebar is being closed down, I will check it out. There is always Wetherspoons, so I will write about that next...

• Business Travel
    • Trains

• lomi's Profile Photo

The Gresham: Last orders for food 6.45pm

by lomi Updated May 29, 2013

The Gresham looked attractive with tables and chairs laid out on the pavement of an early evening. It was 6.30 pm so I ordered a glass of wine and asked for the menu. It looked typical pub food, nothing elaborate and inexpensive But last orders for food are at 6.45pm!

It was too early for me to eat, but the main seating area inside looked attractively comfortable with tables and chairs and club-like sofas with coffee tables piled with magazines. Free wifi. Great with company or if you are alone.

The place had obviously been busy all day, when I used the ladies room before I left, the smell was more London sewer than ladies who lunch.

Favorite Dish: A list of wines by the glass, cask beers.

Wetherspoons: Cheap Pub Grub: Wetherspoons

by antistar Updated Apr 26, 2011

If you've been to Wetherspoons before, you'll know what to expect, but this Whetherspoons is a little bit different. They've built it into the cavernous interior of the old cinema. And it's as dank and gloomy inside as you might expect from somewhere not designed to let in natural light.

But the food is cheap, and good value for what you get, although it clearly goes from freezer, to microwave to plate in a matter of minutes. The service is friendly enough, and surprisingly quick considering the crowds that go there at all hours of the day and night.

I found the whole place a bit weird, though. Part family pub, part ancient cinema, and part nursing home. There were even chairlifts for the infirm, and they got a lot of use.

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Fat Cat Cafe Bar: Chain but nice

by rexvaughan Updated Apr 4, 2011

Crowd in front of the Fat Cat

I normally have an aversion to any restaurant that is part of a chain but I have been in several in the UK that is making me think they are different from the US. Our stay in Llandudno took us to the Fat Cat Cafe Bar. We enjoyed a nice light dinner out front virtually on the sidewalk as it was a nice day (we had great weather in Wales and tried to convince the locals that we deserved the credit for it). I what they called the original burger with chips and slaw. After I ordered it I thought: pretty brave for a Yank to order a burger in the UK. However, it was very good as were the chips and slaw. My wife had a camembert baked with olive oil which was served with croutes and cranberry chutney. She also enjoyed her meal. We both had a glass of red wine (from Portugal and Argentina no less) which also went down quite well. Cost for the whole meal was 23.20 GBP.

Fortes and Carwaliders: ICe Cream parlour

by davesut Updated Apr 4, 2011

Both places worth a visit, Fortes has been a British institution for many years and recently refurbished restaurant adds to the good experience. Some of the best ice cream that I have ever tasted however is Cadwaliders which has a few outlets in North Wales but as you can see here closed from 6pm.

Favorite Dish: Vanilla is always best for an ice cream connoisseur

Fish Tram Chips: Fish & Chips: Fish Tram Chips

by antistar Written Aug 2, 2010

A trip to the seaside isn't the same without a plate of fish and chips, and if you want to eat the best, Fish Tram Chips is famous in the town and beyond for its quality. You can either eat in at the small sit down cafe, or buy from the traditional take-away next door. Eat chips from a cone, or tray, but make sure you keep an eye out for greedy seagulls. I'm not kidding. They will mug you.

It's not the cheapest chip shop in the world, but the extra money is definitely worth it. They have the best chips I've eaten in years.

Fat Cat Cafe: Quality Pub Grub: Fat Cat Cafe

by antistar Updated Aug 2, 2010

Fat Cat Cafe, Llandudno

The Fat Cafe started just down the road in Bangor, and it was such a success they turned it into a small franchise that has finally broken out of North Wales. It's a good job they did: quality like this should be spread around. The service was very friendly and professional, the menu choices were imaginative, the food tasted great, and the prices were really good. They had plenty of offers, so pick the right time to visit: weekends aren't the best.

It was so good I went back twice in the same week. That's not common.

Number 1st Bistro: Cozy Bistro: Number 1s

by antistar Written Aug 2, 2010

Number 1s Bistro, Llandudno

This was a real surprise in Llandudno - a delicate little bistro, with cosy snugs and friendly owners. The menu was as small as the floor space, but very inventive. Both of our dishes were sensational, and the desert matched it for quality. And with the special prices the bistro offered for early birds, the value was exceptional. I'd be coming here at 5.30pm every day if I lived in Llandudno!

Favorite Dish: Come for the sauces.

Indian: Asia Restaurant

by antistar Written Aug 1, 2010

The Asia, Llandundo

Decent Indian, with good service, and reasonable value for money. It gets quite busy, even on week nights, so you might want to reserve ahead. But they will seat you on comfy sofas, and serve you a beer, while you wait for a seat to become free. If you get a window seat, you'll get a pleasant sea view.

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Tribell's Fish Restaurant: Local chippy

by rexvaughan Written Aug 28, 2009

We were in a bit of a hurry to make a 7:30 p.m. choral concert and looking for a quick and filling meal when we came upon Tribells, a colorful little fish ‘n chips place not far from the Methodist Church where the concert was to be held. It is not a fancy place, but evidently pretty popular and we had some nice fish and good chips with a nice Chilean merlot. Good food and good value.

• mustertal's Profile Photo

Haulfe Gardens Cafe: Try their Cakes

by mustertal Written Oct 23, 2008

Vie from Haulfre Gardens.

Haulfe Gardens cafe can be found as the name suggests , in Haulfre gardens.
    It's a nice place to sit and enjoy a cup of something after walking along the walk way from the West shore or visiting the gardens. Family run, this is a very busy, popular, little place for to stop off. They also sell gifts and local delicacies.

Favorite Dish: They do a good ploughman's lunch and toasted sandwiches, But, I had a tuna sandwich that came with salad, which I enjoyed very much, washed down with a pot of tea, others in our party had coffee and fruit juice.

Cambridge Restaurant: Not the best

by davesut Written Oct 7, 2008

I'm afraid this is one to avoid. Situated on the high street next to Woolworths the menu promises traditional British food at a reasonable price. The food was mostly prepared from frozen and pre- prepared dishes that were warmed up in the microwave. The last straw was using tinned custard on the trifle. They did do a cracking and reasonably priced chocolate milkshake but not a place I will return to in a hurry. This place is open into the evening which is a rarity in Llandudno for this type of family restaurant as many close their doors at 6pm.

Buttercups: Buttercups

by davesut Written Oct 7, 2008

A little classier and more expensive than Home Cookin just a few doors away, this place serves up traditional British food. In the evening the place styles itself as a Bistro and used to change its menu. The drawback we found was that the children's menu was limited and when we look in the window now, there never appears to be any families in there, maybe that is the way they and their clients like it.

Home Cookin': A big queue

by davesut Written Oct 7, 2008

note teh smoking area recently arrived outside

In Llandudno we always go to a cafe, this is the most popular place around and you are lucky to get there at tea time and not see a queue outside. Good traditional British Fayre with fresh vegetables served as a side and good value BUT queuing outside I'm not sure about. There is another branch of this place down the road at Rhos on Sea called 'Home from Home Cookin'

• Bonjour: Excellent french crepes

by deborah.foundout.net Written Aug 24, 2007

An excellent place for a cup of tea and a crepe. They have a good wine list too. They also open in the evenings Wednesday to Saturday in peak season. It might be worth ringing to check at other times.

Favorite Dish: The crepes are excellent.

Instant Answers: Llandudno

Comments

Llandudno Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Llandudno restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Llandudno sightseeing.