Llandudno Restaurants

Annie and I at Cafe Mostyn, Llandudno
    by spidermiss
  • Vegetable Tangine with Couscouse and Flat Bread.
    Vegetable Tangine with Couscouse and...
    Cafe Mostyn, Llandudno

Most Recent Restaurants in Llandudno

• Bonjour: Excellent french crepes

by deborah.foundout.net Written Aug 24, 2007

An excellent place for a cup of tea and a crepe. They have a good wine list too. They also open in the evenings Wednesday to Saturday in peak season. It might be worth ringing to check at other times.

Favorite Dish: The crepes are excellent.

• Mamma Rosa: Impeccable Timing!

by deborah.foundout.net Updated Aug 24, 2007

This restaurant does not have a children's menu, instead they scale down the portions from the adult menu which is great. My daughter's pizza arrived first before our meal and before her chips. This meant that she ate a reasonable amount of it before digging into the chips. Then when her ice cream arrived they turned down the lights and lit a sparkler on top. She was over the moon! The adult food was good too and there was a reasonably priced wine list.

• haulfre gardens tea-rooms: great views

by keencooker Written Apr 2, 2007

Haulfre Gardens is a tea and coffee shop situated on the Great Orme in Llandudno, North Wales. I always take visitors on a walk along West shore and then up the path to Haulfre Gardens. On good weather days it is lovely place to sit out, look at the views towards both shores and have tea ( served in a tea-pot) proper coffee or a glass of wine to accompany a genuine home-made cake or sandwich of the day. My overseas visitors love the place.

Favorite Dish: The range of home made cakes.

• Seniors
    • Women's Travel

• sourbugger's Profile Photo

Fountains Cafe: All very modern and funky

by sourbugger Written Nov 14, 2006

The fountains cafe on upper Mosyn street is a welcome addition to the range of cafes in llandudno. It serves 'Costa Coffee' (always a safe bet) although it looks nothing like a standard Costa Coffe joint.

With leather sofas, a smart cocktail bar, big picture windows, soothing television images set in big picture fames and various drapery hanging from the ceiling, you can get the picture.

They serve a impressive fried breakfast which I gladly availed myself of.

The staff are freindly and welcoming, just ignore the sign on the door about no children (during the door), it gets quite lively at night, especially in the cellar bar.

From : PDPhoto.org

• sourbugger's Profile Photo

Le Moulin Rouge: A little bit of Gallic life

by sourbugger Written Nov 8, 2006

There are a number of interesting cafes that have sprung up in the last few years in llandudno, leaving at least a pale imitation of the continental 'cafe culture'.

The Moulin rouge is one such example, with a rather knackered toy windmill standing on a pole outside the cafe to advertise it's presence.

Inside (unlike the original in Paris) you wont find a topless floorshow (thankfully), but there will be a range of french icons such as the Eiffel tower, and a scaled down version of one of those Octagonal Parisien advertising hoardings.

Favorite Dish: The menu consists of jacket potatoes, cakes and sandwiches. The attempt at the 'French' styple begins to falter after a whlie. In the list of sandwiches (an english word I'm sure) it begins in a Gallic enough way with 'Jambon et fromage', but descends into 'Stilton and hot bacon' and 'Coronation chicken'. Now forgive my ignorance, but they don't sound very french to me !

• Bistro number 1: Good value food

by Arawn Written May 30, 2006

Wide range of food - guinea fowl to stir fry, with good service and reasonable prices - early evening menu (5:30pm) £15 for 3 courses.

The kind of place where you can eat alone if travelling alone on business and not feel odd.

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Osborne Bar & Grill: Osborne Bar & Grill

by sue_stone Updated May 3, 2006

During our stay in Llandudno we had dinner one night at the Osborne Bar & Grill. This restaurant had been recommended by our B&B, and were instructed to book ahead as it is very popular, particularly on the weekend.

Osborne Bar & Grill is the restaurant of the Osborne House Hotel, which is located just across the road from the beach. It is quite a fancy looking place, with its candle and chandelier lit interior, though the covered chairs don't really do it for me.

Favorite Dish: To start, Alex had the Tagliatelle with grilled vegies, pesto and parmigiana, which was very tasty. For the main course we both had the Roast Rack of Lamb with Rosemary jus. This was served on a bed of mash potato and we ordered a side of asparagus. The lamb was delicious, but the asparagus was undercooked. We washed it down with a nice bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape.

For dessert I had the Lemon Meringue Pie and Alex had the Chocolate Brownie, with Caramel Sauce and Vanilla ice cream. Both went down well.

Service throughout the evening was a little haphazard…they forgot our wine (which I rectified of course!) and weren't as friendly as they could have been. However, the atmosphere was nice and the food was good, so if you find yourself in Llandudno check it out.

Lamb Rack - yum! Osborne Hotel Osborne Bar & Grill Osborne Bar & Grill dessert!
    • Luxury Travel

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Home Cookin': Home Cookin' - relaxed local

by sue_stone Written May 3, 2006

On our second night in Llandudno we hadn't made any arrangements for dinner, so we went for a walk and checked out our options. Anything decent seemed to be fully booked, so we opted for Home Cookin'. They didn't take reservations, so we had to queue up, but got a table in about 15 minutes

Home Cookin' is a family friendly looking place located in the heart of town. If you get there earlier in the evening they will churn oyou in and out pretty quick, but if you arrive a little later you will be left to sit for a while if you like. The table clothes are plastic for easy cleaning and the service is not the greatest, but hey, the food is cheap!

We had a bottle of wine, a large bottle of water, two main meals and one dessert and the bill was only £28, which is very reasonable. Unfortunately it wasn't fabulous, but it did the trick.

Favorite Dish: I had the Roast Lamb and Alex had the Roast Beef. The servings were a good size, with plenty of vegetables. For dessert we shared a surprisingly tasty Bread & Butter pudding. We had a very average bottle of red, but for less than £10 in a restaurant what do you expect!

When the wine was bought to us, it was dumped on the table, already opened. They didn't ask us if it was the correct wine or let us taste it first. They also didn't give us glasses. Sigh. Maybe I expect too much ; )

dinner dessert blurry photo in the restaurant

• stevezero's Profile Photo

Haulfre Tea Rooms: Great place for a cuppa

by stevezero Written Nov 14, 2005

After a good walk up the hill to Haulfre Gardens, what better than to enjoy a refreshing cup of tea, and a scone. You can sit in the window and get amazing views over Llandudno. If its nice you can even sit outside

Haulfre Tea Rooms
    • Trains

• lomi's Profile Photo

Martin's: Restaurant with Rooms

by lomi Updated Oct 16, 2005

This tiny place has an amazingly cosmopolitan menu for such a small seaside Welsh town. I am comparing it with the many hotels in the area which are quite standard, touristy and impersonal by comparison.

The rooms are decorated to first class standards and the food excellent. Service friendly, efficient, and professional, but a bit quite if you are dining on your own. Seats about 18.

Favorite Dish: Sea bass was terrific - wine menu excellent

chef

• RobMorgan's Profile Photo

BREEZERS: Tex-Mex at it's best.

by RobMorgan Updated Aug 7, 2004

'BREEZERS' Tex-Mex at it's best.
    This is now my No.1 choice in this area. So any Virtual Tourists visiting Llandudno MUST come here for a meal (just tell them you saw it on my site).
    The restaurant is small & cosy, with lovely vibrant colours & Mexican music playing.
    The service given by Julie & her daughter (sorry don't know your name!!) was excellent, & Joe, who does the cooking came out to see if the meal was ok.
    The meal was superb & the three of us are going to meet regularly there now.
    Good quality food & exeptionally clean premises.
    Great value.
    NB....this restaurant has recently changed ownership & is now being redesigned as an Italian restaurant, haven`t tried it yet !!!
    UPDATE !!!......this has now changed owners, has been redecorated & is called "MAMMA ROSA", it is now Italian (great, as it`s my favourite food).

Favorite Dish: They have a really good choice, I had 'Blackened Cajun Chicken', Lizzie had 'Enchiladas' & Jackie had a Pizza (which was too big, I had to help her !!!). Washed down with cool San Miguel beer, mmmmmm !!!!!
    Next time I'll try the 'Mexican Chicken'.

• RobMorgan's Profile Photo

Le Moulin Rouge: CHEESE & BACON PANINI...at it`s finest.

by RobMorgan Updated Aug 1, 2004

This little street cafe is in the middle of town, just seconds from the promenade.
    It has a lovely French theme inside.
    It has a few tables ouside so you can drink your coffee& peoplewatch.
    It also has an internet computer, so you can check your VT site !!!
    The staff & service is the best in Llandudno.

Favorite Dish: I usually have a hot cheese & bacon panini with salad & a black decaff coffee (I am very precictable). I usually have a coffee cake to finish (my downfall !!!).
    You MUST try the homemade cakes, they are simply delicious....mmmmmmm !!!!!

• RobMorgan's Profile Photo

GIGOLO'S RESTAURANT.: "LOVELY PIZZA & WINE"

by RobMorgan Updated Jul 27, 2004

We normally go here on a Friday night. There are two really good chefs, Michael, an Italian & Arwel, a local lad, both make a really good pizza.
    We took Viviana & Paolo here & they said the pizza was as good as back home in Italy (see traveloque).

Favorite Dish: Pizza Rustica with plenty of red wine, YUM! YUM!

Bedford Hotel

• sandysmith's Profile Photo

Captain's Table: Needs must

by sandysmith Updated Feb 16, 2003

We hadn't planned on being on the Orme for so long so didn't have much provisions with us. Anyway with most of the buildings being closed on the summit in February we were glad that at least this cafe was open and we could get a hot drink and snack. The meals in here were nothing special but kept us going for the rest of the afternoon.

summit sustinence

Instant Answers: Llandudno

Comments

Llandudno Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Llandudno restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Llandudno sightseeing.