Places to eat in Gwynedd

Annie and I at Cafe Mostyn, Llandudno
    by spidermiss
  • Vegetable Tangine with Couscouse and Flat Bread.
    Vegetable Tangine with Couscouse and...
    Cafe Mostyn, Llandudno

Most Viewed Restaurants in Gwynedd

• muguruki's Profile Photo

Bee Bee’s: Time for a cuppa

by muguruki Written Nov 6, 2012

As my family and I walked through Rhosneigr desperate for a cuppa we stumbled upon BeeBee’s. Stepping in here was like a blast from the past. This is a proper old seaside café, mugs of tea, chips, butties, teacakes and a bizarre array of bear themed ice creams. I was seriously tempted with ordering a Bonnigton Bear that if the framed photo menu on the wall is accurate seemed to involve a bear shaped biscuit climbing a mountain of ice cream.

Favorite Dish: I settled for a pot of Earl Grey and a cheese and tomato panini.

• Balam's Profile Photo

The Black Boy Inn: A Great Old Inn (but Dissapointing Service)

by Balam Written Oct 4, 2011

Ever since my first visit to the Black Boy Inn in Easter 2009 i have wanted to call in again and try some of their great looking food so for my 40th Birthday while on a trip around various places in North Wales I had decided that I would like to spend my Actual birthday in Caernarfonon (Sunday April 11th 2010). and so Chose the Black Boy Inn for Dinner.

The Black Boy Inn was built around 1522 and is said to be one of the oldest inns in North Wales It was originally 2 Inns the 'King's Arms' and the 'Fleur de Lys' and only when one landlord bought the other out was The Black Boy Inn created becoming very much the same as it is today.
    We had called in earlier in the day just for a drink and to have a look at the menu.

By the time we arrived to eat at 1945 We went to the restaurant side were there was a few spare tables and asked for a table for two, Although there was one free the waitress asked if we would like to go and get some drinks while she got the table ready. We went to the bar area and got some drinks staying there for about 10 minutes until The waitress came and told us our table was ready. We went in and sat at one of the same tables that were free earlier and although maybe knife and forks were put on I don't really see why we had to wait 10 minutes to sit down.
    The restaurant area was busy but there was still a couple of free tables still although there was only really one waitress taking orders and bringing food out, another girl and a lad made the odd appearance from the kitchen to bring food out.
    I had already made up my mind to have the Mixed Grill and after another 10 minute wait the waitress took our order coming back shortly after to inform me that there were no mixed grills left. I had another look at the menu and asked for Game pie which came with Mashed Potato and Veg but asked for Chips instead of Mash. I was informed that they will not change the menu, something which i found to be quite strange and not very customer friendly. The only reason i could come up with for it was that the computer till ordering system would not give her that option. Something other more customer friendly places get over by making a quick trip into the Kitchen and informing the chef that Table 5 or 6 Would like something different
    In the end I opted for Sirloin Steak Which came with Chips, Tomato and a Mushroom. I was 3rd choice lucky and 45 minutes after we had walked in our food arrived.

The Steak was cooked perfectly and was delicious which made up for the chips (Which came in a separate bowl) That had been cooked for a little too long on a temperature that was a little too low becoming overdone looking but a bit too soft.
    After our main course we looked at the sweet menu and I opted for profiteroles, while we were waiting the girl who came out of the kitchen occasionally went to the till and then put our bill on the table. We gave it her back and asked if we could actually have the bill when we had finished our meal as we were still waiting for our sweet. She asked how long we had been waiting and my answer of 7 minutes and 45 seconds which not a long time certainly seemed to get her moving, she apologised taking the bill away and going to the kitchen from which shortly after our desserts were brought with an apology from the Chef.

The food is nice here and it is a really nice old building that is well worth a visit however I was quite disappointed overall and on future visits to Caernarfon if I call in The Black Boy Inn it will sadly probably be only for a drink.

The Black Boy Inn The Black Boy Inn The Black Boy Inn The Black Boy Inn The Black Boy Inn
    • Beer Tasting

• sandysmith's Profile Photo

Ship Inn: Olde World Inn

by sandysmith Updated May 16, 2009

The Ship Inn is an Olde Worlde Inn set in a stunning location right on the shore of Red Wharf Bay near Benllech on the north-east coast of Anglesey. Originally known as the Little Quay (Cei Bach), the pub served ale to the many sailors who passed through the port. We enjoyed a lovely meal here on our wedding anniversary, cosy surroundings and good food. To pay for a tab for food and drink your credit card is taken and put in an individual safe for which you have the key which is then handed back to retrieve ones card for payment - saves any one doing a runner!

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed a Rib Eye Steak Burger with home cooked really chunky chips, whilst Dave enjoyed a deliciouse welsj lamb shank in a rich sauce on mashed potato. Save some room for the puds too we ordered different deserts and went halves (as usual!) bara brith (welsh tea bread) bread and butter pudding in apricot sauce and a sticky toffee pudding with treacle sauce and both with clotted cream ice-cream. All very delicious and generous portions - a testament to the many fine dining awards. The Ship Inn is the only Cask Marque pub in Anglesey too. Much more information about the pub and its history can be found on its web site.

Ship Inn Ship Inn check out the chunky chips! scrummy desert Sip Inn

• steventilly's Profile Photo

Bryn Tyrch: Bryn Tyrch

by steventilly Written Aug 24, 2002

The food! The location is good too, the beer garden is across the road from the pub, so you get a good view of the pub from the garden!

Favorite Dish: Menu currently contains things such as:

zucchini [courgette] dippers with spicy tomato sauce
    Mexican fajitas and beer-battered mushrooms in teriyaki sauce

bara brith [Welsh fruit loaf]

Caerphilly Welsh rarebit

filled ciabatta sandwiches

butterbean and vegetable curry

carrot, courgette and lentil cottage pie

broccoli, cauliflower and Stilton crumble.

Gwynedd Hotels

1 Hotel
Tal-y-Cafn Hotels
23 Reviews - 38 Photos

Instant Answers: Gwynedd

Comments

Gwynedd Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Gwynedd restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Gwynedd sightseeing.
Map of Gwynedd