Snowdonia Nightlife

by Gwenllian

Most Recent Nightlife in Snowdonia

• Redline Indoor Karting: A bit of action

by Gwenllian Updated Apr 30, 2008

If your looking for something exiting to do in Snowdonia try karting at Redline Indoor Karting, Caernarfon. I had never been karting before, except for an outdoor track once when I was about 12, so I was a bit nervous of trying it out. My friends all jeered at me and so I had to do it. It was honestly the best experience ever. I never would have believed how much of a buzz you get from it and now go whenever we fancy something different from the pub!.
    The centre is new and so everything is properly set up, the staff are great at explaining and guiding you if you're unsure about anything and there's a really nice friendly vibe to the place. It can get busy there though and I ve noticed a lot of families, mums, dads and kids there at times so I avoid going the same time as them. Good place to see some fit guys too, including one or two nice ones working there!. Snowdonia is a lovely place but there arent many options of things to do when the weather isnt great and this is one that I thoroughly recommend.

• Study Abroad
    • Business Travel

• rob_42's Profile Photo

cwellyn arms: a local pub

by rob_42 Written Sep 11, 2004
    the gay goblin

when i say 'nightlife' i mean this is what we thought of the local pub.

we arrive back at rhyd ddu around sixish feeling tired but happy; the beer is well-earned and tastes good. a rotating beer / shower system sees us all refreshed within the hour and we settle down for the evening. the food is gorgeous and the drinks are tasty and various. the party at the table next to us have brought a pet bear which, after a few pints, takes some negotiating on the way to the bar. i say a bear because they don't make dogs that big. robin receives the award for best effort and i am christened the gay goblin because i am too tired / camp to pose properly in one of the photos. i intent to bribe MORT with several pints in an effort to stop him posting this photo on the net. we argue a bit about how to pronounce welsh words but there are no welsh people in snowdonia to ask. even the landlord is a scouser. if you couldn't tell by his accent, you could tell by the sparseness of the breaksfast - six quid for half a fry-up is not my idea of bargainous and also they don't let you play the piano when drunk although this, in hindsight, is understandable because of the other patrons.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Mountain Climbing
    • Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Snowdonia

Comments

Snowdonia Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Snowdonia nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Snowdonia sightseeing.