Snowdonia Things to Do

Best Rated Things to Do in Snowdonia

• DUNK67's Profile Photo

Mount Snowdon

by DUNK67 Written Aug 29, 2004

When I went to Snowdon it was very foggy so we couldn`t see more than a few feet in front of us, but we still climbed Mount Snowdon, well walked anyway, up the Pig Track. The Pig Track is one of the easiest walks up Wales` tallest mountain although we could`ve made it even easier by taking the train to the top.

We didn`t quite make it to the summitt, we stopped a few feet short at the cafe/gift shop before making our way back down.

I`m told that the views from the top are spectacular but because of the fog we couldn`t see. Maybe oneday I`ll go back up on a clear day.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Mountain Climbing

• Bagillbaer's Profile Photo

Thanks a lot :o)

by Bagillbaer Written Feb 25, 2003

I met very friendly people during my visit to the mines, and I want to thank them a lot for taking me into their party so that I didn`t have to wander through the mines all on my own :o) More people should be like this ;o)

So, yeah,... THANKS! :oD

• eddilowe's Profile Photo

Welsh Highland Railway

by eddilowe Updated Jan 2, 2013

Just a word to begin with..... there are two very similar sounding railways operating in the area.... this one is not to be confused with the West Highland Heritage Railway which is a different thing altogether and can be found here if you are interested.
    .....................................................................................................................................................

This particular trip is a wonderful 25 mile scenic journey which runs between Caernarfon and Porthmadog, stopping at various stations inbetween, including Beddgelert, and runs along the Aberglaslyn Pass which is spectacular. As we were staying in Porthmadog we got the train from the station by the harbour. The station car park is quite small and fills up quite quickly. there is a small charge to park though I cannot recall the exact amount.

We travelled just between Porthmadog and Beddgelert an adult return between Porthmadog and Beddgelert costs (at the time of writing) £18 and takes about 50 minutes. You can buy a souvenir guide on the train for £5. All the prices and timetables are available on the Ffestiniog website. Refreshments are also available on the train.

As a guide, a return adult ticket between Caernarfon and Porthmadog is currently £33 and the journey takes about 2 hrs 25 minutes.

You can take your dog on the train (but not in 1st class section) and bicycles can be accommodated too. I would ask for confirmation at the ticket office when you buy your ticket, especially at busier times as there may not be room. I prefer to go when it's quieter as you can scoot from one side of the carriage to the other to get all the best views.

There is a good cafe at the station in Porthmadog and a large souvenir gift shop. It is all fairly level being right by the harbour and nice to walk around while you wait for your train.

The station at Beddgelert has no real facilities to speak of at all. Just the platform, a small ticket booth, toilets and a shelter to wait for the train. There is a good size, relatively inexpensive car park in Beddgelert just by the station (but up quite a slope if you are not that nimble on your feet).

The Ffestiniog railway also operates out of Porthmadog towards Blaenau Ffestiniog ... the details are all on the one single website listed below.

Porthmadog station Aberglaslyn Pass near Beddgelert Front of Porthmadog Harbour Station
    • National/State Park
    • Trains

• sandysmith's Profile Photo

Glaslyn River

by sandysmith Updated Oct 29, 2002

The Glaslyn River gushes through Beddgelert and makes for a pleasant riverside walk with its colourful cottages along the banks.

Cottages by Glaslyn

• Nixter01's Profile Photo

Canoing Off The Falls

by Nixter01 Written Nov 29, 2003

People do this for a hobby/fun. Yes I can see the attraction, but I'm not sure I would do it, Maybe,maybe not !
    He sure had fun though !

Mad !
    • Mountain Climbing
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Water Sports

Instant Answers: Snowdonia

Comments

Snowdonia Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Snowdonia things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Snowdonia sightseeing.