Brecon Favorites

Best Rated Favorites in Brecon

The ride to Brecon

by ettiewyn Updated May 30, 2012

Favorite thing: I went to Brecon by bus and I enjoyed the ride very much. After some time you get right into the Brecon Beacons, and you can see this remarkable landscape... I found it simply wonderful, and also unusual: The mountains are barren apart from some scarce vegetation, you can neither see rocks, nor many trees. It is a yellowish-brownish colour, and the rolling, soft form of the mountains is a contrast to the harsh vegetation. It is a strange sort of beauty, but beauty it is!

I loved going through here by bus, and although I was only here for one day, I fell in love with this landscape and very much wish to return.

Tourist Information Centre

by ettiewyn Updated May 30, 2012

Favorite thing: Brecon's tourist information centre is located at the carpark behind Bethel Square, so you'll get there if you walk through the shopping centre and then across the car park. Staff were very friendly, and there are leaflets with lots of information about the Brecon Beacons, especially all kind of information for walking and hikers. Guide books, leaflets etc. There is also a small section with walking and hiking gear, and of course some souvenirs. I did not see anything I wanted to buy, though.

Contact number: 01874 622485
    Website: Brecon TIC

• ettiewyn's Profile Photo

What I still have to do...

by ettiewyn Updated Jun 3, 2012

Favorite thing: Always leave something for the next visit! These are the things I didn't do in Brecon so far and that I want to do when going back:

Hiking - I definitely want to hike more in the National Park. The short hike I did so far was simply not enough!

Boat tour on the canal - this is something I did not have the time for during my short visit, and I don't know if it is offered in low season anyway. The Monmouthshire & Brecon Canal was built in the beginning of the 19th century for the mining industry, it leads 33 miles from Brecon to Cwmbran. Today you can do boat tours on the canal, for example this one.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Cruise

Instant Answers: Brecon

Comments

Brecon Favorites

Reviews and photos of Brecon favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Brecon sightseeing.