Brecon Restaurants

• ranger49's Profile Photo

Pilgrims Restaurant and Tea Rooms.: A place to rest, enjoy and contemplate

by ranger49 Written Jun 2, 2012

Restaurant &  herb garden

Situated in a walled garden in the Cathedral Close opposite the priory and next to the Heritage Centre this is the perfect place to come for for coffee, afternoon tea or - as we did - a light but satisfying lunch.
    We were there on a very hot day at the end of May. All the outside tables under the shaded veranadah were occupied so we spent a little time in the adjacent Cathedral shop until one became available.
    I chose a toasted Tuna Melt sandwich in wholemeal bread with a salad garnish - a really delicious combination.
    John had a home made quiche with salad - not realising it was listed as a Main Meal.
    But it was and, he said, as delicious and satisfying as it looked.

With a pot of tea for one and a soft drink the bill came to just £14 which seemed good value for the cooked on site orders, friendly and efficient service in lovely surroundings.

Normal opening hours are 10am - 4. 30pm -"most days of the year".
    There are excellent toilet facilties too.

• ranger49's Profile Photo

Tipple'N'Tiffin: Refreshments and Culture in Brecon

by ranger49 Updated Jun 2, 2012

Tipple’N’Tiffin the restaurant attached to Theatr Bryceiniog has a perfect setting at the canal basin and provides a mixture of unusual and traditional dishes prepared from locally sourced fresh ingredients. Prices are very reasonable and you can choose from a selction of tapas - Welsh style - or grills of meat,or fish and salads.
    It is situated at Canal Wharf a short walk from town - from the Bulwark, walk down Watton towards the The Regimental Museum.

The canal and the Theatre are clearly signposted with a right turn. The restaurant is featured in the Good Food Guide 2012.

The Theatre also houses an art gallery with a changing series of Exhibitions.
    The Box Office 01874 611622 can provide up to date details of current exhibitions.

• ettiewyn's Profile Photo

Giglio's: A very pleasant lunch

by ettiewyn Written May 28, 2012

When I got hungry, I first walked to a chinese restaurant I had seen when arriving on the bus, but it was closed. I then walked around a little aimlessly to find something else, and suddenly found Giglio's which looked nice enough. They had a leek soup on offer, and when I asked I was happy to be told that it was done without dairy (and thus perfectly vegan).
    It was the first time I had leek soup, but after that I ordered it several times during my trip :-)
    As a drink I ordered a coke.

Staff was very, very friendly and so nice and helpful. The interior of the restaurant is very modern bright. It was frequented mostly by elderly people and somehow reminded me of the places where I used to go as a child with my grandparents :-) I liked it very much and just found it very pleasant.
    The soup was very good and filling, and there was a piece of bread coming with it.

For the coke and the soup I paid £5 altogether.

Instant Answers: Brecon

Comments

Brecon Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Brecon restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Brecon sightseeing.