Know about this? Rate It!
Roman Legionary Museum
At the Roman Legionary Museum Caerleon, you will learn what made the Romans a formidable force.
You'll see how they lived, slept and ate; how they marched and practised for battle; which gods they worshipped, and which jewels they wore and valued.
- Family Travel
Caerleon...Ancient Roman town
10 minutes east of Cardiff (just off the M4) is a little town called Caerleon. Once a major Roman fort, there is still the remains of a ampitheatre, and a Roman baths, now enclosed in a museum, which also houses various exhibitions and artefacts. Admission £2.10 (free for under 19's). For further details try www.caerleon.net, or www.nmgw.ac.uk/rlm/index.en
CAERLEON ROMAN FORTRESS (Isca)
Caerleon often referred to as the ‘city of the legions’ was the site of the Roman Fortress of Isca. It was the permanent home of the Legio II Augusta, named after the emperor Augustus who had raised or possibly reformed the second legion. The site was first occupied c 75AD by Sextus Julius Frontinus who had been instructed by Emperor
- Family Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Cardiff Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Tulum Hotels
- Bagan Luar Hotels
- South Padre Island
- Salt Point State Park Hotels
- Okoboji Hotels
- Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Border Italy/Switzerland
- Ireland Off The Beaten Path
- North Carolina Off The Beaten Path
- Honolulu Off The Beaten Path
- Destin Off The Beaten Path
- Chiang Mai Off The Beaten Path
- South Dakota Off The Beaten Path
- Kansas City Off The Beaten Path
- New Orleans Off The Beaten Path
- Virginia Beach Off The Beaten Path
- Prague Off The Beaten Path