Goodrich Castle, England
OK, it is in England, but it is a nice excursion, an hour and a half from Cardiff, visit Ross on wye, Goodrich castle and Monmouth.
We did not visit the inside as we had to pay (and i think it was expensive), inside is not much done, if you want to see inside castles you can always visit the one of Cardiff or Coch Castle
Ok, it's not really off the beaten track. Bute Park used to be part of the Castle grounds and extends north along the River Taff. It's a large natural park with an arboretum, sports fields and places to play, have picnics or just enjoy a little peace away from the traffic and bustle of city life.
Aberdulais Falls - a National...
Aberdulais Falls - a National Trust attraction illustrating the history of these waterfalls, used for centuries for energy to power metal production on the site. Situated on the A4109, 2 miles north east of Neath at Aberdulais. Tel: +44 1639 636674. Entrance Fee = approx. £3.
Churchyard by St John's Church
St John's Church
There's a small cemetery next to the church, you may think 'Well, that doesn't seem very attractive' but it was to me indeed, because it seems bishops were buried there, and I found it culturally interesting.
Outside Cardiff in The Vale of...
Outside Cardiff in The Vale of Glamorgan there are a host of small villages some of which still maintain there charm of yesteryear. Get a bus from the city centre to Cardiff airport, ask for directions to Penmark and go to the Six Bells Pub. The locals are always good for a laugh and are sure to make you welcome.
This is another church with services conducted in Welsh. It has a website (in Welsh only).Related to:
- Historical Travel
- Religious Travel
The Old Schoolhouse
This was very reminiscent of the schoolhouse in that tv programme form my childhood..
The Little House on the Prairie...Come on...Own up, who else remembers that ?????
Pay up or not coming in !!!
This is a toll house from the 17th century...Some things never change,you still have to pay a toll on the Severn Bridge !!!!!
St.Fagans Welsh Museum
This outdoor village is a collection of lots of houses and farm buildings from all over Wales.Its a working museum,with shpos,a bakery and various other shops.
Cardiff Castle Walls
Try to spot the animals made of concrete all along the Castle's walls, they are really nice! The one in the pic is a lioness..and there are also monkeys, lions, birds and others!
Aren't they nice?Related to:
A visit to Llantwit Major
A quaint old town 4.5 miles south-west of Cowbridge. It has a rugged coastline, perfect work long walks. The beach i svery rocky and there are lots of fossils and caves to be found.Related to:
- Family Travel
In Northern Wales, near...
In Northern Wales, near Holyhead, we came across a abandoned castle overlooking the sea and a golf course. If you blink you will miss it.
This is a Victorian town home that has been nicely restored to a very comfortable and modern hotel....more
I stayed in this wonderful Premier Inn hotel situated in the city centre for one night during my...more
I stayed here as my husband was on a business trip (which Is why I don't know the room rate -...more
Latest Cardiff Hotel Reviews
- Barcelo Cardiff Angel Hotel
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews
- The Sandringham Hotel
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews
- Park Inn Cardiff City Centre
- Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- The St David's Hotel & Spa Cardiff
- Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
- The Parc Hotel Thistle Cardiff
- Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
- Travelodge Cardiff Atlantic Wharf
- Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- Cardiff Hilton
- Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Explore the World
- Santa Ana Hotels
- Kilbirnie Hotels
- Saw Creek Hotels
- Plaridel Hotels
- Reims Off The Beaten Path
- Ohio Off The Beaten Path
- Santa Fe Off The Beaten Path
- Majorca Island Off The Beaten Path
- Ikaria Island Off The Beaten Path
- Sopot Off The Beaten Path
- Miami Off The Beaten Path
- France Off The Beaten Path
- Provincetown Off The Beaten Path
- Southland Off The Beaten Path
- Pulau Bintan Off The Beaten Path
- Newark Off The Beaten Path