Saint Fagans Restaurants

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

Museum Cafe: Museum Cafe

by mindcrime Written Jun 13, 2011

Museum Cafe

We went early to Saint Fagans museum so we visited the café where we had a hot cup of coffee. Later we saw many people eating there. I’ve noticed a lot of sandwiches and pastries on display.

Of course on a clear day you may want to take a picnic!

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

Great food yummieeeee

by Carmela71 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Olga and Stace

Normally is quiet, but this day after we finished out tea, the place got too busy, the only girl attending the tables and at the kitchen was far more busy as what she should be....

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Plymouth Arms: Pub Food in Attractive Setting

by SabrinaSummerville Written Apr 29, 2009

In the heart of one of Cardiff's most beautiful little villages, St. Fagan's, lies one of the City's prettiest pubs serving the best of local "grub" to nourish the heart and the soul.

We arrived at the Plymouth Arms on a unique April day - twenty degrees of lovely Welsh sunshine and clear blue skies, disturbed only by the slightest spring breeze. As we pulled into the carpark and disembarked from the car I noted, with pleasure, the outside tables that dotted the gardens and the umbrellas to provide shade from the sun.

As there were bees buzzing around we decided to eat inside and I was equally pleased by the dark period interior.

Because everything appears to be so upmarket I expected table service, but after sitting there for fifteen minutes I decided to check and discovered that you must first order from the bar. On placing your order you are given a numbered wooden spoon which you bring back to your table - this helps the staff identify you when they bring the food.

Favorite Dish: As it was such a wonderful day I decided to have a salad and so opted for the cold seafood platter. It was very nice - not too large as some of these can be, and with four different types of seafood plus salads. The fish consisted of smoked peppered mackerel, warm barbecued salmon, diced lobster in a marie rose sauce and prawns in a similar sauce. It was nice, but nothing special and you would need a starter or dessert to feel full if it's to be your main meal of the day.

I did indeed have dessert, and this made up in every way for any disappointment in the salad. It was a hot apple, honey and gooseberry crumble with vanilla ice cream and a little side dish of custard. It was so hearty, so tasting of home cooking, and so absolutely flavoursome that I devoured it.

I think perhaps I just made a poor choice with the salad, as my three companions hot meals looked more appetising - although I'm not a great fan of meat chips and peas or fish chips and peas. I would certainly come back again, though.

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

Have some afternoons tea at the Museum

by Carmela71 Updated Apr 4, 2011

looks great. ummmm

On the top of the shop, there is a coffee shop. It is a quiet one, and the cream tea deserves a visit and the stop!

Instant Answers: Saint Fagans

Comments

Saint Fagans Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Saint Fagans restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saint Fagans sightseeing.