Swansea Favorites

by Mengke
  • Favorites
    by Mengke

Most Recent Favorites in Swansea

• beautiful beaches, mountains and more

by mary444 Updated Jun 6, 2007

Favorite thing: Swansea is a fantastic holiday destination. There are miles of fantastic sandy beaches on swansea bay, most of it blue flag. move round a little onto the gower peninsular and you have cliffs and stunning coves. some involve a long walk, others you can park right by. Don't miss a drive/walk over the top of gower as well, the views are stunning. Llangenith and other parts of gower have some of the best surfing in britain. Watch out for the tide though, it comes in very fast

head inland, and within a short drive you can be in the brecon beacon national park, or you can discover the black mountain, or the black mountains. No, I haven't made a mistake! The black mountain (singular) is on one side of the brecon beacons, and the black mountains (plural) is on the other side!

with swansea as your base you can do day trips to cardiff, tenby, or any number of other places

I thought it was such a good holiday destination that I've moved here to live

• Surfing
    • Beaches
    • Mountain Climbing

• don't go

by dtsmith910 Written Oct 6, 2002

Favorite thing: Because there is a university there are lots of college kids to hang out with. There are also plenty of clubs and bars.

Fondest memory: Drinking is the only thing to take your mind off of the fact that you haven't seen the sun in five weeks.

• Mengke's Profile Photo

Mengke's General Tip

by Mengke Written Aug 24, 2002

Fondest memory: (Ooops-Swansea) I first drank Tequila in the Mumbles, in Swansea. After taking out a star map and checking out the sky, my cousin took me down the Mumbles, on the west of Swansea, a small penninsula, with pubs along the 'front?'. Then we raced, warmed by now, to catch a bus to the cinema. Needless to say I can't remember the film, but I think it was a good one. We had a good night, fell asleep on the carpet. Good company is the best! (Unfortunately, but hardly suprising - I didn't get a photo, and I think this is the other side of the Mumbles penninsula...rather boring in comparison!)

• Mengke's Profile Photo

(Swansea-)I don't know about...

by Mengke Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: (Swansea-)I don't know about must, but this is the marina at Swansea, an excellent place to wander down to. There are coffee shops which make a welcome hot chocolate on a cold day, and there's just a feeling of freedom to the place.

Instant Answers: Swansea

Comments

Swansea Favorites

Reviews and photos of Swansea favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Swansea sightseeing.