Swansea Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Swansea

• halikowski's Profile Photo

Potter's Wheel pub: local nightlife

by halikowski Written Apr 22, 2013

Curry clubs on Thursday evenings, £5.25 for curry and beer.
    It's quite lively if you go late, young people sizing each other up for fights, and having to be asked to leave. I sat next to teenage girls downing 'alco-pops'. Foul chemical stuff, but cheap, and guaranteed to send you into orbit.

Favorite Dish: Tikka Masala

• Wasabi: A Sushi Lovers Dream

by BenMoriarty Updated Apr 27, 2011

Wasabi is one of Swansea's best kept secrets. Situated in student Ville (Swansea uplands) it's very accessible and surrounded by pubs and clubs, ideal for a drink before or after you visit. They specialise in Sushi and noodles but don't worry, if your not a raw fish fan they also serve some of the nicest teriyaki chicken, stir fried pork and cooked fish you'll ever taste.

My favourite dish they serve is called a Wasabi Bento Box. This consists of raw salmon and tuna, sushi rice rolls, teriyaki chicken, deep fried pork and a bowl of measo soup. The box contains little compartments with dipping sauces to accompany the sushi and meats. The bento box is priced at a very reasonable £13.00

The restaurant itself looks modern but still manages to keep it's Japanese authenticity and is always very busy so if your thinking of going I would advise you to book in advance.

The best thing about eating Sushi is that it's very healthy and good for you. I found when ever I finish the large Bento box, I don't have that feeling in my stomach that I've just demolished a large steak dinner or eaten A Big Mac Meal. I feel full and content with what I've eaten as the food is clean and healthy.

Wasabi is defiantly my new favourite place to eat in Swansea. I highly recommend you give it a whirl!

By Ben Moriarty

Favorite Dish: Wasabi Bento Box - Gives an amazing insight into different bites from the menu

• Bellitalia, Swansea: Very Ordinary Italian Meal (3/2005)

by histman Updated Apr 4, 2011

We recently had a very disappointing meal at the Bellitalia. We had booked several days in advance but were not told that the restaurant would be dominated by a "hen" party. The party was boisterous but not out of control (despite having drunk all of the house red), however conversation was very difficult. The starter salad came with some slices of chicken despite ordering a vegetarian one (to their credit the management did not charge for this). This was accompanied by three very small pieces of bread. The main dishes were very ordinary and were no better than my home cooking with a bottled pasta sauce. This restaurant has had good reviews elsewhere. We, unfortunately, can't concur and found at least one other Swansea Italian restaurant that was much more authentic (also reviewed here).

Favorite Dish: Not applicable.
    Price per person includes moderate drinks.

• No.13: Simpy the best in Swansea!

by teenybopper Written Mar 25, 2011

No.13 is the best restaurant in Swansea. It really is that simple. This independent British restaurant is a hidden gem amongst the plethora of Indian take-aways and fast food joints in Swansea town centre. Cooking fresh, prepared to order meals with real innovation and depth of flavour it is no wonder that the restaurant has been commended by the Good Food Guide! I am an unashamed fan of the wonderful food, friendly service and relaxed atmosphere here, utilising the venue for romantic evenings with my partner and long, leisurely lunches with the girls, taking full advantage of the incredibly reasonable set lunch menu.

Favorite Dish: There is an ever changing blackboard of seasonal specials as well as firm favourites including Fillet of Local Sea Bass in Cajun Butter Sauce with lime and vermouth. There is a fine selection of excellent wines and decadent desserts – try the Butterscotch Crème Brule, a speciality of No.13. Take advantage of this eatery - you won’t regret it!

• tedmac's Profile Photo

Castellamare: Food to 2 Dai for and a view not to be missed

by tedmac Updated Feb 21, 2010

your starter !!!!!

This is gem of a restaurant. High up on the cliff it looks out over Mumbles and Bracelet Bay. The view is stunning and it has the food to match. The seafood is excellent but so is the meat selection. The stuffed olives on the starter menu are fantastic but it will feed a party of four. excellent desserts and a superb wine list, make this restaurant a must if you are visiting Swansea or The Gower.

Favorite Dish: Salt & Pepper Sea Bass , it is melt in the mouth fabulous

Twocann: the most unique

by Wloczykij Written Oct 31, 2009

very nice place, the most original coffee shop in Swansea. great idea with jewellry and accesories gallery. The food really interesting- i had camembert with carmelized onion and mandarin salad. Great athmosphere, staff well behaved and helpful. Highly recommend.

Favorite Dish: specials

• Women's Travel

Cafe Ole: place to avoid

by Wloczykij Written Oct 31, 2009

the food is alright, but the athmosphere is horrible and the staff rude. the owner told us to change the table and to seat by the wall because we had only coffee and dessert.I used to eat there often, so felt it was extremely rude. Also the owner told me that people who were there with me before should not seat by the table neither. I don't think it was appropriate to talk to me this way. I would not go there again.

Viceroy of India: The best Swansea Indian restaurant

by Wloczykij Written Oct 31, 2009

Mine and my husband's swansea favourite, fresh ingredients, we always leave really impressed and satisfied. It has got rather modest interior but the food is amazing.

Favorite Dish: I always order spicy aubergine, but all dishes are great.

• Surfing

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Yates's: A chain, but very good

by rexvaughan Written Oct 17, 2009

Nice open seating

We just happened onto Yates’s at lunchtime and found it very appealing with seating open to the sidewalk and the park across the street and a nice view of the remains of old Swansea Castle. We did not realize it was a chain but after a very nice light luinch decided that there are some chains in the UK that do a very good meal.

We both had the Wensleydale Bake which is onion, parsnip, butternut squash, carrots and potatoes baked with a crunchy bread topping and served with chips and garlic bread. It was indeed very tasty. My wife had a Bicardi Breezer which is sort of like Orangina with rum and I had a Guiness.

• fightming's Profile Photo

The Vojon: One letter from the worst poets in the universe!

by fightming Written Aug 9, 2007

Best Bangladeshi restaurant in Swansea, lovely friendly service, brilliant chef, stylish modern decor. Extensive menu with a few surprises that you don't get in other similar restaurants.

But try and go mid week or early on Friday or Saturday evening as it gets ridiculously busy at the weekend.

It's family friendly and has toilet for disabled.

Favorite Dish: Lamb Kata Massala is so fresh and crammed with chunks of real spices - most definitley not out of a jar. I have this with a garlic nan or stuffed paratha and maybe a sag aloo if I'm hungry. Food for the gods.

• Disabilities

• fightming's Profile Photo

Number 13: Lucky for everyone

by fightming Written Aug 9, 2007

Simple well scrubbed interior, central location, friendly discreet service and truly fabulous food for lunch and dinner. The food is cooked there and then, so be prepared for a bit of a wait - but it's worth it.

Don't expect fast food - you'll need to give yourself time for a leisurely lunch.

Favorite Dish: Fragrant banana fritters with home made ice cream - I'm not a desserts person but this tempts me every time. Typical of No. 13 it is simple yet sublime!

• Disabilities

• stuartmorgan's Profile Photo

Galinis': The sea food is fantastic

by stuartmorgan Written Nov 30, 2006

Jo and Angelina are two of the best chefs I have ver met, and they are so friendly. We love Galinis' for that extra special occasion. The sea food is fantastic. The Swansea Bay mussels are the best appetiser.

• Business Travel
    • Sailing and Boating

• SallyM's Profile Photo

Dragon Hotel brasserie: Contemporary cuisine

by SallyM Written Nov 5, 2006

I frequently make a point of not eating in the restaurant attached to the hotel where I am staying, as they can be overpriced and dull. However, the menu for the Dragon Hotel's Brasserie looked interesting, and having wandered around Swansea town centre to look at the competition, we decided to give it a go.

The decor is contemporary and the service was swift (possibly because there were not that many customers in that night). My starter of pork and cabbage was delicious, as was the duck that followed. The pineapple tarte tatin for dessert was perhaps less successful, but it serves me right for being greedy.

Favorite Dish: The pork and cabbage starter- it doesn't sound that promising, but the pork has a wonderful texture, and there is definitely not enough cabbage in restaurants today.

• Renaissance: The Best Restaurant in Swansea!

by Tobiness Written Aug 19, 2005

This restaurant has it all - atmosphere, fantastic food and excellent staff. The food is freshly cooked and bursting with flavour - try the tuna for starters and the Welsh beef for mains. To die for!

There is a varied wine list and the atmosphere is great - relaxed and friendly. The staff were also polite and only too happy to help. Overall this is a fantastic dining experience, and I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough. Try it - you will not be disappointed!

Favorite Dish: The Seared Tuna - (Starter) The tuna tastes so fresh that it melted in the mouth, and the flavour was beautiful. I never knew that tuna could be so tasty. The dressing is perfectly complimentary to the dish, and I did not want it to end.

The Welsh Beef (Main Course) Absolutely heavenly. The beef was cooked to perfection, and I loved every mouthful. The accompanying vegetables were gorgeous too.

• Bella Napoli: Good, Wholesome Italian Fare

by histman Updated Mar 8, 2005

Quality food and relaxed atmosphere in this city centre restaurant.

Be aware that Wind St can get a little lively on Saturday nights!

Note: the lower floor of the restaurant is also a great place to eat. We ate there and were very happy with the accommodation.

Favorite Dish: We loved the spicy arabbiata dishes and the house red was very drinkable. (02/2005)

Price per person includes moderate drinks.

Instant Answers: Swansea

Comments

Swansea Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Swansea restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Swansea sightseeing.