Wellington Travel Guide

Wellington Nightlife

• Georgie_B's Profile Photo

A quite drink!

by Georgie_B Written Jan 8, 2003

I am not sure that there is really much in the way of a late night party place!! We used to go to the Vintage or the Cottage Pubs and drink ourselves silly until closing time which is the usual thing for teenagers in a small country town in my experience! A lot of the pubs seem like local pubs for local people (if you know what I mean). Most locals I know travel to Taunton which is about 13 miles which is the County Town and has much more choice in the way of clubs and bars restaurants etc.

Dress Code: None at all!

Wellington Transportation

• Georgie_B's Profile Photo

Not much in the way of transport

by Georgie_B Written Jan 8, 2003

Transport in Wellington has always been a bone of contention to me. The local bus service to Taunton runs every 20 minutes and the last bus back from Taunton is 10.20pm ish…..this as far as I'm concerned encourages drink driving as the taxis home are £15 which is too costly after a night out!! It is also expensive but it’s a long time so I can't remember how much. Buses and taxis are the only type of transport, the was a train station once upon a time this has sadly disappeared and the nearest stations are Taunton or Tiverton.

Instant Answers: Wellington

Comments

Wellington Travel Guide
Map of Wellington