Gyumri Travel Guide

• Gyumri
  • Gyumri
    by MalenaN
    On the way back to Yerevan

Gyumri Restaurants

• R-men's Profile Photo

by R-men Updated Apr 8, 2004

This is a great restaurant located on the first floor of "Dzitoghtsonts Toon" museum of culture. The environment takes you back to Gyumri of the end of 19th century.
    You can order your meanls, then go up, have the museum tour, which is very interesting and then go down and have your meals.

For vegeterians! TELL THEM THAT YOU DON'T EAT MEAT WHEN YOU MAKE THE ORDERS.

Favorite Dish: Everything is very good in this restaurant, but my favourite is "Pochov Apoor". It is a bean and pasta soup. Only Gyumri makes this real Armenian soup and it is just excellent.

• Museum Visits

Gyumri Transportation

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Near Charles Aznavour Hraparak 1 more image

by MalenaN Written Aug 31, 2006

When I went to reconfirm my ticket I was told that the flight day had been changed and I had to leave Yerevan one day later than planed. I wanted to spend that day seeing a place outside Yerevan that I still hadn’t visited. I went to Tatev Travel Agency and they had a tour that suited me well. It was to Ani viewpoint, Gyumri and Marmashen. Normally they visit Gyumri and Marmashen together with another place than Ani viewpoint, but people going on the tour had asked for Ani. The price was 11 000 drams plus 20 dollars extra for the permit to visit Ani viewpoint.

We travelled in a comfortable air-conditioned bus and entrance fee to museums in Gyumri were included and some refreshments.

I was told that the tour was going to take eight hours (9 - 17), but realised during the way it would take much longer (I think it was because of Ani) The first stop was Ani viewpoint and then we went to Gyumri and then on to Marmashen. At 22.55 the bus dropped me outside the opera house in Yerevan, about six hours later than I had been told. Unfortunately I had to cancel a VT-meeting with R-men because I was late.

There are several travel agencies in Yerevan organising daytrips to places around Armenia. I went to Tatev because they had a different program the day I wanted to go and I had been there earlier to buy a bus ticket to Iran.

Instant Answers: Gyumri

Comments

Gyumri Travel Guide
Map of Gyumri