Dilijan Transportation

• The taxi driver with his wife and granddaughter
    The taxi driver with his wife and...
    by MalenaN

Most Recent Transportation in Dilijan

To Sevan from Dilijan

by MalenaN Written Aug 24, 2006

The road from Dilijan to Sevan

Nune from the guesthouse was going to Yerevan the same morning as I was going to Sevan. We decided to take the 10 o’clock minibus together. As we arrived at the bus stop (near the roundabout) it turned out the bus was late so we shared a taxi with two other people (I guess they were all going to Yerevan). I was dropped by the road leading out on Sevan Peninsula (some km before Sevan town). I paid 1000 drams and it took less than an hour (I think).

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

to visit the monasteries...

by call_me_rhia Updated Aug 23, 2006

getting gas before the monasteries

To visit the monasteries of Goshavank and Haghardzin you will need to hire a taxi. The guesthouse where you are staying will likely help you to find one - or else go to the main roundabout and you'll find one there.

You shouldn't pay more than 10000 for the trip - it'll take about three hours, including the visits.

To Haghartsin and Goshavank

by MalenaN Written Aug 20, 2006

The taxi driver with his wife and granddaughter

I took a taxi from the guesthouse in Dilijan (Nune at the guesthouse called one for me) to Haghartsin and Goshavank. The whole trip took a bit more than three hours and then I went home to the taxi driver and met his lovely family, had coffee, ice cream and chocolate. The Armenian hospitality is great! The taxi tour was 5500 drams (July 2006).
    In the evening I met a Dutch couple at the guesthouse who planed to take a taxi to Haghartsin, but walk back. They had bought a book in Yerevan with maps of different walking tours in Armenia, and Haghartsin - Dilijan was one. This sounds like a great option. You can also take a public transport and be dropped on the main road, by the road to Haghartsin, and have a lovely walk along the narrow road, through forests, to Haghartsin Monastery.

From Vanadzor to Dilijan

by MalenaN Written Aug 20, 2006

Dilijan

I was told the minibus to Dilijan, from Vanadzor, left at 9.00. When I had breakfast I was told it left at 8.30 and hurried up, didn't want to be without ticket. 8.15 I arrived at the bus station and was shown to the marshrutka (minibus) to Dilijan. In the window of the minibus there was a timetable, and apparently the 8.30 bus was just the first of six buses.
    The bus ride to Dilijan took about one hour, but we had had a long break for fixing the engine. Dilijan is not the last stop for the bus so it stops to let passengers of by the roundabout below the town. The price was 500 drams (July 2006).
    The landscape between Vandazor and Dilijan is very beautiful with green mountains.

Instant Answers: Dilijan

Comments

Dilijan Transportation

Reviews and photos of Dilijan transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dilijan sightseeing.