Sisian Travel Guide

• Hotel Sisian. Looking into courtyard from balcony
    Hotel Sisian. Looking into courtyard...
    by ErnestSincere
  • Sisian
    by MalenaN
  • Sisian
    by MalenaN

Sisian Things to Do

• ErnestSincere's Profile Photo

by ErnestSincere Written Jul 14, 2009

In August 2008 we took a bus from Sisian to Ltsen. The bus leaves at around 7am from the town square.

Ltsen is a tiny village. We arrived as the women were headed into the fields with their slingblades.

From there we walked four or maybe six hours to Tatev.

In Tatev, we stayed at Gago's guest house and had dinner with the family and an American Peace Corp volunteer.

Great times.

• ErnestSincere's Profile Photo

by ErnestSincere Written Jul 12, 2009

When in Sisian, be sure to see the rock art at Ughtasar. This is art left 7000 years ago in a natural amphitheater near the top of a mountain. The best way to get there is to hire on of the locals. I recomend Sasun Baghdasaryan (telephone:093821472). His vehicle is well-kept and in good shape.. Sasun is knowledgeable on the history and ecology of the area around the glyphs.

• Archeology
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Adventure Travel

• Sisian Hotels

0 Hotels in Sisian

Sisian Transportation

by MalenaN Written Aug 25, 2006

In the morning the marshrutkas (minibuses) from Sisian to Yerevan is leaving every hour (they said so at the hotel). The marshrutkas are leaving from Ori Poghots, just opposite the bridge, and it is good to be there at least 20 minutes before the bus leave, as it gets full. The ticket is bought in a small ticket booth just next to the bus and in August 2006 it was 2200 drams to Yerevan. The bus ride to Yerevan took 3,5 hours and that included a stop for about 15 minutes at a place where there was a lot of stalls selling peaches and a bathroom. In Yerevan the bus stopped at Kilikya Avtokayan.

Sisian From Sisian to Yerevan

by MalenaN Written Aug 20, 2006

I was told there was a marshrutka (minibus) from Goris to Sisian at 1pm. As I didn't want to wait that long I took a taxi (Hamlet, the same driver as to Tatev). The price was 6000 drams (August 2006), which I thought sounded too much, but I did not argue about it. It took about one hour. When I took a taxi tour around Sisian that driver told me the price between Sisian and Goris is 4000 drams. I think I was charged more because the chance to get passengers on the way back to Goris was small.

Along the road between Goris and Sisian

by MalenaN Written Aug 6, 2006

I took a tour with a taxi to see some of the sights near Sisian. They called from the hotel and the driver picked me up outside the hotel just two minutes later.
    First we went to Zorats Karer, an ancient site with basalt stones standing in line. Then we went to the Shaki Waterfalls, and then to Vorotnavank church, stopping at the tower tomb in Aghitu village on the way. The tour took three hours and was 4000 drams (August 2006).

At Vorotnavank I met a German man who had arrived by taxi, but who was going to walk along the river back to Sisian. He thought it was going to take 2 - 3 hours. That sounded like a great alternative to a taxi.

The taxi driver above Shaki waterfall

Instant Answers: Sisian

Comments

Sisian Travel Guide
Map of Sisian