Sevan Transportation

Sevan Lake
    by MalenaN
  • The road between Sevan town and Sevan peninsula
    The road between Sevan town and Sevan...
    by MalenaN

Most Recent Transportation in Sevan

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

To Sevan from Dilijan

by MalenaN Written Aug 24, 2006

Sevan Lake

Nune from the guesthouse was going to Yerevan the same morning as I was going to Sevan. We decided to take the 10 o’clock minibus together. As we arrived at the bus stop (near the roundabout) it turned out the bus was late so we shared a taxi with two other people (I guess they were all going to Yerevan). I was dropped by the road leading out on Sevan Peninsula (some km before Sevan town). I paid 1000 drams and it took less than an hour (I think).

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

From Sevan (via Yerevan) to Goris

by MalenaN Written Aug 19, 2006

The road between Sevan town and Sevan peninsula

There is no public transport from Sevan Peninsula and it is very hard to find a taxi (in the morning they are none existing). Marshrutkas (minibuses) to Yerevan are leaving from Sevan town, about 5 – 6 km away from the beach area on the peninsula. I asked for a taxi, but was told to go up to the main road and stop a bus (for example marshrutkas from Dilijan are passing). Well, it was eight in the morning and very little traffic. After walking for a while along the road towards Sevan a small lorry stopped and gave me lift. The two young men next to the driver had to get up on the platform where it was very cold. That was very kind of them to let me and my luggage take their place. I was dropped by the marshrutka to Yerevan. It left Sevan when it was full, at 8.50, and arrived in Yerevan 40 minutes later. It was 600 drams (August 2006).

The marshrutka from Sevan stops at the corner of Teryan Poghots, near the drama Theatre and that’s about 2 km from Kino Rossiya, from where marshrutkas to Goris leave. I took a taxi between the two and paid with a 1000 drams bill, expecting to get change back, but I didn’t (the driver very quickly left the car to carry my luggage to the marshrutka).

The marshrutka to Goris was just about to leave. I quickly bought a cola and sandwich and paid the ticket, 2500 drams. The bus drive to Goris took four hours, and that included a food break halfway along the way. In Goris the bus stopped down in town, opposite the post office.

• From Yerevan to Sevanavank

by kr_en Updated Aug 19, 2004

Every 40 minutes a bus departs from Isahakian street (near Yeritasardakan metro station and Poplavok restaurant) and costs 400 (a run down bus) or 500 drams (a minibus). It takes about an hour to the not so pleasant Sevan town. It'll drop you at a taxi stand. If you wish so you can take a taxi (don't pay more than 1000 drams) or just walk eastwards from that taxi parking lot along a street one block south from the main street. When you reach a highway turn left and walk along it (don't worry, there isn't much traffic, the footpassengers' lane is wide enough, many locals walk there and you'll see even some stalls there). When you' see a sign (even in English) to Sevan peninsula turn right and soon you'll reach both churches. For returning to Yerevan walk about 100 metres west from the taxi stand until you find a parked bus/van on your left.

Instant Answers: Sevan

Comments

Sevan Transportation

Reviews and photos of Sevan transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sevan sightseeing.