Yerevan Tourist Traps

Most Recent Tourist Traps in Yerevan

• Great City, Good Honest people

by MatthRoth Written Apr 14, 2012

There was Not one issue with local Armenians. Great friendly people. Just like any other city, there are the shady characters. However, the majority of Armenians are good hardworking honest people.I had my wallet stolen from our hotel roon in Baku Azerbaijan, and was robbed at night on the seashore. My taxi driver drove off and stole our luggage..so more thieves and crooks in Azerbaijan and none in Armenia.

• yerevan-complete mess

by mercenary Updated Jun 13, 2009

Well, I work as a dog of war... It's my choice,and I have no regrets.
    I came to Yerevan just to check it out. That was the biggest mistake of my life.
    I found out that 99.5 of the Armenians are crooks,regardeless of their status in the society. Every day costed me between 300-400 eur or 500-600$ us. Just a remminder- I am a mercenary, and I don't care much.I didn't wanted to make troubles here,so I just let it go.
    What did I got for my money:
    Very poor sevice,no-one speaks english in this country;
    Very poor food-they always give you what they think you want to eat,not what you ordered.
    Very poor transport.Every taxi will charge you different,or make a few rounds just to build-up the price.
    Very expensive drinks-you'll have to pay for everyone arround you,because thebill will be in armenian and non-negotiable.
    My advice is- do not come here. Go in Afghanistan,at least you'll know what you're chances are.

Unique Suggestions: If you have to come to this...country,hire a translator.It'll cost you,but It'll save you triple. Good luck!!!

Instant Answers: Yerevan

Comments

Yerevan Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Yerevan tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Yerevan sightseeing.