Manama Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Manama

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

extrovert cafe: to shisha to end all shishas

by call_me_rhia Updated Nov 7, 2012

We found this amazing open-air place inside an old courtyard by talking a walk in the adliya area. Packed with local coupples and group of friends, it is a great place to smoke a flavoured shisha.

Favorite Dish: Apple-flavoured shisha... not too strong, and not too weak. Just perfect!

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

the meat @ co: a south african meat restaurant

by call_me_rhia Written Nov 2, 2012

A fancy place in Adliya, specialized in meat... in particular beed from either south africa, the USA or Australia. All cooked on charcoal. Difficult to choose from. If the weather is not too hot you can go to the top floor: it is outside and has good views over the surrounding area.

Favorite Dish: Australian gold beef fillet - possibly the most tender meat I have ever tasted. it melted in the mouth. My hsband had wagyu fillet, which was nice but not as tender as mine.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

maki: the best sushi ever...

by call_me_rhia Written Nov 2, 2012

Located in the very posh Moda Mall in the World Trade Center, Maki is the best Japanese sushi restaurant I have been to. The reason is simple, next to your usual sushi and sashimi, you can find innovative fish and seafood combinations, including the very scenic Fuji sushi served in small glasses.

Favorite Dish: Very tiny rolls of white fish rolled up around cress.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

saffron cafe: an fantastic old-new cafe

by call_me_rhia Written Oct 31, 2012

What a lovely fancy place... we fell in love with it from the moment we walked into it.. and we were not really looking for it. We just wanted a cup of coffee and well, a toilet-stop. Someone took us there, following some tiny winding alleys - it was a bit of a maze getting there (and getting out).

What a lovely comfy coffee place, inside an old house decorarted with a modern twist and full of local people (mostly women) enjoying yummy breakfasts.

Favorite Dish: We didn-t stay for breakfast... the coffee was really strong (ask for plenty of milk and sugar in it) - but the lemon and mint juice was lovely and very refreshing!!!

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

mino: delicious pizza, italian style

by call_me_rhia Written Oct 31, 2012

Hidden away in one of the back alleys in Adlyia, MIno serves Italian food and delicious pizzas. It is also one of the few places which has an outside terrace with tables, so you can have your dinner in the open air.

Favorite Dish: The interior looks like an Italian bistro, vaguely... it has the feel of a simple restaurant with home made meals. it is not so, of course, but I can assure you that the food was really good. We had a great Margherita pizza... the base (dough) was as good as the one you get in Italy, and the toppings were good, too. Only fresh basil was missing...

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

cafe lilou: eat chocolate where royals eat it

by call_me_rhia Written Oct 31, 2012

Possibly the fanciest place all over Manana - always packed with locals and people from neighbouring Saudi Arabia.. the place to go to be seen, and have wonderful chocolates and sweets. The owner told us that very often peopel from hte royal family go there, so photos are not allowed. Of course it was only after we had managed to take one snap.

Favorite Dish: a triangular chocolate cake that was heavenly... melting in your mouth slowly!

memories: dim-sum lunch special

by call_me_rhia Written Oct 30, 2012

Located inside the city centre mall, on the second floor (but not where the food court is) there is this lovely restaurant which serves Chinese-Asian food and has some interesting dim-sum lunches. Possibly not to best dim-sum in the world, but if you come from a continent where dim-sum harldy exist, then it is a good choice

Favorite Dish: The seafood dim sum was really nice. We also tried (and liked) the vegetarian one and the shrimp dim sum. The chicken and shiitake dim sum, by contrast, was really not good. We had edamane as a starter and it was delicious. THe pomegranade juice was good too.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

mirai: great sushi in adliya

by call_me_rhia Written Oct 29, 2012

A very cosy and fancy japanese restaurant, the sushi menu extensive, and the staff helpful and friendly. Arrive early or you may find it is fully booked - it is supposed to be the best sushi place in manama. Do not worry about wearing your best attire: the air conditioning in set to chilly, so you-ll end up eating with a war jacket on and no one will ever notice what you are wearing.

Favorite Dish: the sea urchin maki was to die for. The grilled eel maki was to die for. The dalmon and avocado nigiri were to die for. All the rest was delicious...

Jims: good for expats??

by call_me_rhia Written Oct 29, 2012

We went to Jim mainly because we wanted to have a drink somewhere without air conditioning - so this was the only place in the area. We found the place possibly adequate-fun for expats, with large TV screens and plenty of beer, but for the regular tourist the place is really without character.

Favorite Dish: we had a drink. We asked for a alcohol-free cocktail, they didnt have any. We opted for a mojito... ok, except it had far too much sugar

• Airpunk's Profile Photo

Charcoal Grill: Popular with locals and expats alike

by Airpunk Written Aug 12, 2012
    Charcoal Grill

A well-established restaurant which has become quite popular with expats. However, it is also frequented by locals so that you can see the whole widthspan of middle-class Bahrain society in here. The kitchen is predominantly Indian with some Chinese and Western dishes also on the menu. Had one of the Indian Dishes with brown lentils which was delicious. Some things remind you of a diner like drinks served in a can with straw or plastic tablecloth. The quality of the dishes however are several classes above that. Definitively, a place I would like to recommend, if you like to eat something in central Manama.

Favorite Dish: Had a wonderful daal dish which I would recommend any day.

• millenium restaurant concord hotel: ethiopian food. wow.

by ethiobahrain Written Nov 18, 2011

The ethiopian restaurant inside concord hotel

Sometimes i see Ethiopian restaurant here in dc but i never taste of their food. Last october i went to bahrain and someone special took me to the concord hotel in manama and we were in the millennium ethiopian restaurant.

Damn fellas i had the best food in my life.
    After we had our lunch this special person of mine ordered ethiopian coffee and shisha. I see the traditional coffee ceremony of ethiopians right infront of my eyes. very interesting and artistic.
    Believe it or not since then i start to plan a trip to ethiopia.

Favorite Dish: Kitfo and Tibs are the best dish for not vegeterian. But beyaynetu is very great for diet and 100% for vegeterians.

• Business Travel

• explore_discover's Profile Photo

Persian Garden Restaurent: Local and Iranin

by explore_discover Written May 25, 2007

Counter

Located at one of the oldest Malls of Manama the Jashan Mall this Persian Garden restaurent is self service type offering local and persian delights at price range 2.5 Dinar to 5 dinar, very comfortable and peacful seatings (little crowdy on Fridays and saturdays because of weekend)

Favorite Dish: Chilo Kabab (Beef)

• mz_visayan's Profile Photo

not sure exact name, but you cant miss it!: MMMM ITALIAN!

by mz_visayan Written Sep 13, 2006

My favorite place to eat was this small, intimate Italian resturaunt located right on the side of the famous Gulf Hotel, its like the next street over by a day care and other small resturaunts that i didnt get a chance to indulge in. But this Italian resturaunt was the best! pricing was average, service was great, and food was excellent. Atsmophere was great as well. Not too crowded when i went. The only thing i didnt like was the white and chocolate cake, just not my cup of tea, but there are many other selections to delight your taste buds with

Favorite Dish: fetticini alredo, and the first thing on the appetizer list, its sounds a bit weird but worth trying.!

• Too many to count: Great food in Bahrain

by philmo Written Mar 12, 2006

I've lived in Bahrain for a year and I can tell you that if you are eating fast food or from an american food chain i.e. Chili's etc... you are wrong. There are so many good resturants in the city. Some of my favorites are....Sushi at Sato's in the Gulf Hotel, Camelots...Jim is great!, Crumbs, Cafe Lilou's, the middle eastern for the cheapest and good tasting steaks, Coco's, Fusions, Upstairs/downstairs, and any of the buffets on friday which equal three hours of eating and drinking....the list could go on and on. Been to Ric's Country Kitchen and wasn't a fan but alot of people like it. The prices are anywhere from 2-5bd up to 10-15bd a person but you won't be disappointed.

• lxa71975's Profile Photo

The Hard Rock Cafe: Not The Same As The Other HRC's

by lxa71975 Written Mar 15, 2005

Although there are tons of HRC's around the world it really suprised me that there would be one in Manama. The food was great the atmosphere was great. A little touch of home when so far away!

Favorite Dish: Gotta go for the BBQ sandwich and slaw.

Instant Answers: Manama

Comments

Manama Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Manama restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Manama sightseeing.