Related Middle East Favorites Tips

by henri123
    Dubai
    by solopes

Most Viewed Favorites in Middle East

• when u visit lebanon u should...

by joelle86 Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: when u visit lebanon u should absolutely spend some days in the village. The village it's a wonderful place where u'll c the true lebanese life the clean air and meet lovely people. One of the best best churche's there our lady of lebanon ( harissa)..the castle of beit il din it's a place from history..the underground cave of jeita and b3alback wa sour

Fondest memory: My best memories from lebanon
    *my favourite memory was when i arrived after a long time to the airport and saw all the people that love me waiting to welcome me
    *going to the village seeing my family
    *going to harissa
    *going to the beach with part of my family and spend a very nice time together
    *being with friends and visiting my old school that i studied there for 9 years

• Definitely visit the market...

by Judiaz Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: Definitely visit the market which extends from the Christian section to the Arab section. An awesome place to meet everyday inhabitants from all walks of life. Spend time speaking with them and your whole attitude of Israel will be changed.

Fondest memory: Jerusalem - I felt as if I had finally come home and did not want to leave.

• have patience! traveled from...

by pepe40241 Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: have patience! traveled from u.s to israel then on to cairo 2 days there then on to sharm-el sheik be modest and polite don't be the ugly american.

Fondest memory: the pyramids, cairo museum, you can spend two days in museum alone the culture was really an experience

• Istanbul must be experienced. ...

by spencrland Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: Istanbul must be experienced. We only had a day so we took a taxi from the airport into the old city. Don't go on a Monday, the Hagia Sophia is closed. Sadly we did not get to tour it. We visited the Blue Mosque and then took off on our own down the unbeaten path to get a look at everyday life. Quite an experience.

Fondest memory: The people are the best part of Turkey. The food is next! We were fortuante to have friends living in Turkey so we were able to get a real taste of local everyday life. The people are very warm and friendly and welcome you into their home with open arms. They are very honored if you know a little turkish. Be prepared to eat!

• alycat's Profile Photo

Take your summer gear along....

by alycat Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: Take your summer gear along. Shorts, T's n all that stuff. Cos the weather at most times is warm.

Fondest memory: Aaaaaah!!! arabic food as well as lebanese. These guys are such good chefs of the veg as well as the non-veg stuff.

• maykal's Profile Photo

Alternative schools in Damascus

by maykal Written Aug 30, 2002

Favorite thing: ALTERNATIVE SCHOOLS IN DAMASCUS. Damascus University has courses from beginners level to advanced, and most students there seem to be pleased with it. The cost is roughly the same as the Institute in Mezzeh, but I think it would be a better place to study because you are surrounded by Syrian students.
    Institut Francais des Etudes Arabes en Damas (IFEAD) is also good, but very very expensive, and it would help if you know some French.

• sharonn's Profile Photo

I really enjoyed the Dubai...

by sharonn Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: I really enjoyed the Dubai National Musuem it was really interesting well worth a visit.

Fondest memory: One of my fondest memories was hiring a dhow (you do feel a bit silly when there is only two people on it when you look across and there is about what seems like 100 all squashed in) I felt quite embarassed. Shopping malls a plenty..

One of the first memories that springs to mind when I think of Dubai is humidity it was so humid there it was hard to breathe at times. It was a particularly uncomfortable heat.

• One of the most important...

by 4coxy52 Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: One of the most important activities for the visitor is to visit the Souks in any of thr countries.There is a 'new souk' in Sharjah by Khalid Lagoon and there is still the remnants of the old souk down by the creek.Dubai has obviously the Gold Souk,and there is also the spice souk and the modern shopping souk of Karama.
    Restaurants are for every taste and for every pocket.You can have a full meal at Ravi's in Satwa for as little as 5 pounds or you can go to the other end of the scale with a meal at Burg Al Arab which will cost you as much as you like to spend.

Fondest memory: Sailing in a Dhow from Dubai to Bahrain is one of my fondest memories along with watching the sun set all alone on top of a sand dune in the Empty Quarter between the UAE and Saudi Arabia.I mis the weather most when I am away.

• arab countries in the ME are...

by rahal Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: arab countries in the ME are having many things in common they would appreciate very much hearing some words in arabic showing that the visitor has an interest in thier culture and also it might help to better attention.

Fondest memory: heavy meals and sense of humor

• EricJS's Profile Photo

As my family lived there from...

by EricJS Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: As my family lived there from 1948 - 1995 there is to much that I could cover on this small page, but here are a few highlights.
    Eat a real Shawarma!(from a street vendor preferrably). Go gold or jewelry shopping (great prices). Eat Arab bread fresh out of the oven. Take a day tour to the heart of the Rub-Al-Khali. See old Hofuf. Khobar has the best electronics shopping in the world(outside of Tokyo!)

Fondest memory: The beauty of the desert (and riding my dirtbike all over it). The friendly and hospitable people. The safe living, great shopping, and food.

al aqsa mosque

by KianaInupiaq Updated Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: NOT FORGET THIS--- For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ). Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles should be fellow-heirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Fondest memory: And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our LORD: In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him. Ephesians 3:1-12

dome of the rock

ashkelon

by KianaInupiaq Updated Aug 24, 2002

Fondest memory: Thou hast dealt well with thy servant, O LORD, according unto thy word. Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed thy commandments. Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word. Thou art good, and doest good; teach me thy statutes. The proud have forged a lie against me: but I will keep thy precepts with my whole heart. Their heart is as fat as grease; but I delight in thy law. It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes. The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver. Psalms 119:65-72

ashkelon beach

• KianaInupiaq's Profile Photo

NOT FORGET---Let a man so...

by KianaInupiaq Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: NOT FORGET---Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful. But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self. For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the LORD. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the LORD come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God. 1st Corinthians 4:1-5

Fondest memory: THIS LOVE THAT CAME OUT OF A HEART BIGGER THAN LIFE, FULL OF LOVE...And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he: And to love him with all the heart and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbor as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices. And when Jesus saw that he ansered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. Mark 12:29-34

• DesertRat's Profile Photo

take the time to talk to...

by DesertRat Updated Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: take the time to talk to people and to learn. You will soon find out there are no people anywhere more friendly and hospitable if you clearly have an open mind.

Fondest memory: I miss the sights and sounds of the suqs (markets), the colorful piles of carpets and silver and gold, the brass, the copper, even the alabaster gee-gaws. I don't miss the traffic, the parking madness, or the inscrutable bureaucracy.

Photo: A camel at rest in front of the Treasury in the Nabatean ruins of Petra in Jordan See my Jordan page for details

yerushalayim

by KianaInupiaq Updated Jan 15, 2004

Fondest memory: the pic on the left is from an easter play at the king of kings assembly, at the ymca....the pic on the right is the church of all nations at the bottom of the mount of olives

Middle East Hotels

58 Reviews - 170 Photos
Hisaronu Hotels
25 Reviews - 57 Photos

Instant Answers: Middle East

Comments

Middle East Favorites

Reviews and photos of Middle East favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Middle East sightseeing.
Map of Middle East