T'bilisi Restaurants

Photos variety Restaurant
    by hanidia
    The Hangar Bar's Menu
    by Hanka
    Desserts in a cup at Angelato's.
    by Hanka

Most Recent Restaurants in T'bilisi

Tavaduri: Riverside

by traveloturc Updated Dec 30, 2011

tavaduri

A balcony looks through the Mtkvari. Here, you can relax with the exceptionnal atmosphere There is a special ritual of bringing the dishes, for example you can cut a wedding-cake by a silver knife under Mendelsons's melody.You can get all these pleasure with live music and fireplace

Favorite Dish: A menus consists many different salads, firm-wines, cocktails, hot cool drinks, and of course a fish, a pie and chicken roasted on spits. You can get all these pleasure with on alive music.

Maidan: Right Bank of Mtkvari

by traveloturc Updated Dec 29, 2011

Maidan restaurant

Restaurant Maidan (Meydan means square in turkish) with the interior and dishes makes you feel a mix of Georgian, Asian and European style. Evening programme provides a dazzling show of Georgian, Asian, Gypsy and Belly dances as well as folk songs. Also, you can enjoy smoking Hookah, with a variety of distinctive aromas.A little claustrophobic..its up to you )))

Favorite Dish: Roast Pheasant "GORGASALI"

Shadow of Metekhi: Scenic

by traveloturc Updated Dec 29, 2011

shadow of Metekhi

This is the real Georgian restaurant, from which the spectacular view of old Tbilisi unfolds.
    Tasty Georgian dishes and evening programs especially impress foreigner guests...
    Evening program offers impressive Georgian dances: Khanjluri, Mtiuluri, Kintouri and Acharuli. Musical background is also Georgian - folk and variety songs.

Favorite Dish: Sturgeon with fried bacon and seafood

THE OLD HOUSE: TOURISTY, BUT GOOD

by DAO Updated Apr 30, 2011

LET'S DANCE !

In Georgian, the name of this restaurant is Dzveli Sakhli. This large stone building has the décor of a medieval castle and is definitely geared towards tourists. Not cheap, but not too bad. My meal started with an ice cold vodka and beer. Then the musicians started. After my meal order the dancers came out in full costume. Well, it was certainly getting interesting. Then my food came out and it was excellent. All around a very good experience. I didn’t have a lot of food or drink because the Old House is a little more expensive than average, but worth it. If you really only have one night come down to the riverside and have a meal and a show.

They do have a semi-open area in warmer months and they do grill some of the delicious meats outside on live coals. The quality of the food is excellent and they know how to serve drinks right. A polished performance.

Have a large group? No problem. They have some very large tables.

DZVELI METEKHI: EXCELLENT

by DAO Written Apr 30, 2011

GOOD MUSIC. GOOD FOOD

This place is a class act. My coat was taken as I came in the door and a ticket issued. I was shown to a nice table and welcomed. Menus arrive and my drink was ordered. The waiter arrived with my drink and my meal order was taken. Then my lovely food arrived and the next drink ordered. The food was excellent and then the musician arrived. Even though I was dinning alone, I felt like they had set up a party for me. My food was delicious, the service friendly and politely interactive, and the musicians were great.

This restaurant does have tables overlooking the river and the Old Town opposite and a balcony during warmer months. Having said that, you need to reserve these tables in advance. If you show up without a reservation, they still have plenty of tables.

I really enjoyed my meal here. It was one of the best restaurant meals I had in my 3 visits to Tbilisi.

This is over the river and bridge from the Old Town, but it not a long walk at all. Definitely worth a visit.

PLEASE NOTE: A service charge of 10% is already included, but they do earn it with great service.

Favorite Dish:
    For a starter I had ‘Chikhirtma’ which is a broth like soup withy a chicken leg in it. My main meal was the ‘Dzveli Metekhi chicken’ which is a sizzling chicken dish with some rice. I also had the very large pickle plate as well. This was all served with a nice cold pint on Efes (Turkish) beer. Delicious.

Open from 12:00 – 22:00

• DAO's Profile Photo

PLATINUM POPCORN: STRAWBERRY POPCORN !

by DAO Updated Apr 29, 2011

SERVICE & SAMPLES WITH A SMILE !

For Georgia, this is exciting stuff. Although you could find a place like Platinum Popcorn in any American shopping mall – this is high tech stuff here. There are still a lot of traditional popcorn sellers in the subways that are left over from Soviet times. This place will give you flavoured popcorn, slushies or a coke with quite a nice smile as well. The other think I liked was they would give you a small sample to try. To be truthful Strawberry and Blueberry popcorn don’t really appeal to me. The Nacho Cheese did and boy did it deliver the goods. Delicious!

This is an American franchise (hence the contact details), but it makes a great treat at a reasonable price and its right in the main shopping area of Rustaveli.

• marsistanbul's Profile Photo

GORGASALI: Geogian restaurant for Presidents!!!!

by marsistanbul Updated Apr 4, 2011

Gorgasali restaurant is located belongs to the 16th century histarical heritage.The area represents the very spot asscociated with the legend on foundations.
    4 different lounges are inside the restaurant,great mixture of Georgian cuisine and prize-winner a famous accordionist..
    George W.Bush was visited and had a dinner on 26th of may 2005!!! He was deeply fascinated by cordial welcome!!!
    The end of long walking on the street of T'bilisi,I had very cheerful,tasty and quite lunch..
    What I had..Shemtsvary khveli(grilled cheese),Khachapuri(cheese bread),mchadi(corn bread),khinkali(dumpling-with lamp meat) and local beer,ofcourse tomato salad..it was great..
    As the ancient ritual,maybe you that the head of the "TAMADA" is elected as a proposed by the host.The tamada must be a man of humour with an ability for improvisation and a philosopher's wisdom,and I elected and nominated a man which has a great philosopher's wisdom.ME!!!!! 'cause'I was alone..hehehejajajaja

• DAO's Profile Photo

DUBLIN IRISH PUB: DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE (1)

by DAO Updated Mar 30, 2011

I SEEM TO BE MISSING A LOT OF MY BEER !!!!

In my humble opinion – you should not even step foot inside the door of this place. I saw this place recommended by a well known Guide Book and I will be recommending ding they don’t in the future. It all started with a single beer. Most of life’s problems do. After a long day of walking and doing VT stuff, I just wanted a nice cold beer. Unfortunately I decided to come here.

First off I was ignored for a while by my server. I guess when the only other customer left it confused her.

Then I finally ordered a Staropramen draft beer – the cheapest one they had. “We are out”. Oh, are you really? Yes this is a sad case affecting many bars in Tbilisi. So I ordered a Lowenbrau at 7.90 Gel. Hmmm…. What’s with all the foam? Looks like we are missing at least 20% or more of my beer. And it’s warm. Not happy.

After downing this I decided that the Dublin Pub was not somewhere I wished to pay for a second beer.

Then the bill arrived – printed – at it said:

11.06 GEL

When I asked why it was not 7.90 I was directed to the 15% ‘Extra Charge’ written on every single orange page in the menu. I almost paid this when my schoolboy maths started saying “Hell No!” in the back of my still sober brain.

Yes, my fancy calculator function in my mobile phone said “40% !!!!!”

This then took the lady a mysterious 5 minute to rectify. She mumbled something about the computer.

So just imagine if you decided to not be sober in this place. Hmmmm…

Let’s face facts. This place is geared to appeal to Tourists not locals. And the 15% extra charge is simply outrageous. I never found this in any other bar or restaurant in Georgia. In fact the one really goo restaurant that did add 10% was worth every penny in service that I received. In fact if you go to their linbk below you can open their Menu (PDF) and the first item listed? Yes - 15% EXTRA CHARGE. You can see what their first priority is.

I don’t trust these people as far as I can throw their building.

DAO’s Recommendation?

AVOID AT ALL (HIGH) COSTS

• Beer Tasting

• vodkablim's Profile Photo

The old metekhi: Nice view, nice food.

by vodkablim Written Feb 9, 2010

I like the the view and the interior of the place.

I like that the music or singer is not too loud! contrary to other restaurant in general.

Favorite Dish: The food was great for me:

-Tongue salad
    -Brain prepared with mushroom and corn

My wife was not so happy:

-Pork with cheese and potatoes, all good but too salty

Restaurant Tamada: Tamada

by marsistanbul Written Mar 28, 2008

An other notable dinner with the same old friends,once again I was the main guest of the table,therefore I had appoint an other professor as a TAMADA..lucky me:)
    Tamada is well know restaurant in Tbilisi,cheerful place with old Tbilisi interior and national articles and fire places..

p.s I have lots of pictures but I can't share with you:(

Favorite Dish: Khachapuri,elarji,khinkali,kebabi,mtsvadi,wine and wine..

• marsistanbul's Profile Photo

Dzveli Sakhli restaurant: traditional georgian cuisine

by marsistanbul Written Mar 28, 2008

inside of restaurant

on the right bank of the river Mtkvari(Kura),designed with the Georgian ethnographic articles and wooden interior.They have live national show program and vocal ensemble Georgian voices..
    Great ambience,delightful cuisine..It was a friendly welcome to me,5 university professors and one ex-minister and very poor me:) I had a notable night and dinner..we talked about Georgia,some politic issues,religions,friendship,Wines,Economy,Georgian music,Russia and of course USA policies...The conversation was pure of sense of humour..They are all the great men of Georgia.I am very proud to know them..God bless you all..We had a great TAMADA( professor fm University of Tbilisi)..
    We had khinkali(meat&dough),khachapuri(cheese bread),tolma(dolma),mushroom with onions,chicken and veal mtsvadi,salads,jurjani(beef),shashlik,kebabi,elarji(corn porridge with sulguni cheese),etc and red and white table wines...toooooo much:)
    It wasn't a touristic place,I was the only one:)

Favorite Dish: notice:I didn't pay anything because I was the main guest of the dinner..
    Opening hours: 12oo 24oo
    live music:20oo 23oo

• Cafe Lotus: Cake and a drink at the Cafe Lotus

by socheid Updated Oct 19, 2007

The gang from Cafe Lotus

This place was mentioned to me and I took the recommendation.

This joint has an absolutely superb location on Freedom Square bang in the very centre of Tbilisi.

It's a fairly small place with 28 seats but is obviously popular as from my various visits there always seems to be a steady stream of people going in and out.

The staff are very friendly, there is a lovely vibe in the place and it has to be among the most inexpensive places that I have ever had the pleasure of tantalising my taste buds in. If you glance through the back you can see the kitchen staff preparing the pastry and all the rest of it.

It's open 7 days a week from 10:00 to 20:00. As well as speaking Georgian and Russian staff also speak English and there is an English language section on the menu.

The sweets that they do are the stuff of legend and provide enough choice and excitement to satisfy even the most addicted cake craver who likes to sit down with something sweet and a drink (since it's Georgia I went for the grape juice).

They also offer 'non sweet' type food and accommodate speciality diets (e.g. dairy free, wheat free, yeast free etc).

An iconic cafe in Tbilisi.

• DinkaYa's Profile Photo

Bread house: Great restaurant

by DinkaYa Written Oct 1, 2007

Very good restaurant. Located near the sulfur baths, not far from the river. If you are standing with your face to the sulfur baths, go to the left - and it will be there soon.
    Good food, good prices. They serve "Hashi" all day long - which is rear, it may be your only chance to taste it (soup)!

• rjaparidze's Profile Photo

we have it!!!: McDonalds

by rjaparidze Written May 19, 2007

And we also have two McDonalds restaurants in Georgia - one on Rustaveli - Kostava Streets interjunction and the other on Marjanishvili St. Contrary to my expectation McDonalds turned out to be very popular in Tbilisi. Is there anything different from other McDonalds? - Most probably not, though some foreigners whom I met cliamed that this was the best McDonalds building that they ever encountered.. So judge yourself.

• travelmad478's Profile Photo

Dzveli Sakhli (Old House): Great food and a fabulous evening

by travelmad478 Updated Nov 14, 2006

I had a fantastic time at this Georgian restaurant in Tbilisi, where not only was the food delicious, but we also had a really cool experience. This restaurant is for celebrations, and every table was packed on Thursday night with big tables of Georgians having a great time with their friends. There was a musical group (three male singers, mostly a capella) and, as the evening wore on, diners from all over the restaurant got up to dance in traditional style, sing, and otherwise make merry. The best part of our evening was a surprise unplanned appearance by the wonderful Georgian singer Sofico Halvashi, who happened to be eating dinner at the restaurant that night.

Favorite Dish: Our extremely generous Georgian host did the ordering, and in true Georgian style, we ended up with dozens of dishes covering the table, along with pitchers of wine, bottles of Borjomi, etc. By the end of the evening there were so many plates on the table that the waiters had to literally pile them on top of each other, and no one could possibly eat even a single bite of the last few that showed up. Standouts in my opinion were the puree salads (beets, greens, etc.), the various cheese plates, and the lamb soup.

Instant Answers: T'bilisi

Comments

T'bilisi Restaurants

Reviews and photos of T'bilisi restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for T'bilisi sightseeing.