Tabriz Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Tabriz

To Tabriz from Yerevan (Armenia), part II

by MalenaN Written Dec 21, 2006

Tiles in the Blue Mosque, Tabriz

... At 20.30 we arrived to the border, where it took two hours on the Armenian side. I was the last one to be ready as the Russian controller took long time to check my passport. Not until everyone was seated in the bus and we crossed a bridge all women took their scarves on. As we arrived on the Iranian side all our passports were collected and we waited. While I waited I changed money at an exchange office and bought some crisps at a shop. Everyone changed the time on their watches back 1,5 hours. At the Iranian side of the border it took 1,5 hours before we were finished and could continue.

Before arriving in Tabriz we stopped for another food break. Back in the bus I wished I was going to Tehran because I wanted to sleep, but suddenly we where in Tabriz and there only I and another passenger left the bus. The driver of the bus asked the other passenger to take me to my hotel in the same taxi as he was taking (even if I don’t speak Farsi and they didn’t speak English) and I was glad for not being left alone in the outskirts of Tabriz in the middle of the night, even if there were other taxis around.

I had been told the bus ride between Yerevan and Tabriz should take 14 hours but it took more than 18 hours. It didn’t feel so long, but it was inconvenient to arrive in the middle of the night.

To Tabriz from Yerevan (Armenia), part I

by MalenaN Written Dec 21, 2006

Imam Khomeini Street, Tabriz

I went to Tabriz by bus from Yerevan, Armenia. A few weeks before leaving home I booked a ticket via email through Tatev Travel, but not until I picked it up I had to pay for it, 17 000 drams (about 40 dollars). I was going to Tabriz, but the price was the same for Tehran, to where the bus was continuing. There is supposed to be a bus every day, but when I arrived to Yerevan I was told the Monday bus was cancelled and I had to leave one day earlier.

At 10.15, 15 minutes late, the bus left Kilikya Avtokayan in Yerevan. It was a big comfortable and air-conditioned bus with Iranian plates. It is a long journey. A man on the bus was sick and we stopped several times for him to go out (once we stopped by some cherry trees with yummy cherries). After 5,5 hours we passed Goris and a litter further south it was time for food break and we stopped by a restaurant.

The journey through southern Armenia was very long, it doesn’t look so long on the map, but there are many high mountains (with beautiful views) and no tunnels.

The tip is too long, but continues below...

From Tabriz to Zanjan

by MalenaN Written Sep 15, 2006

At the bus station in Tabriz

To go to the bus station in Tabriz I wanted to take a shared taxi from the corner of Imam Khomeini Street and Shariati Street, but there was no other passengers when I came there in the morning. So, in the end I took a taxi on my own and paid IR 10 000. Arriving at the bus station I was directed directly to the bus and bought the ticket there for IR 25 000 (June 2006). Just before 8.30 the bus started the engine and I think we were supposed to leave then, but it took another half an hour before the bus left the station. The bus was a comfortable Scania bus with air-condition. The journey to Zanjan took 5 - 6 hours and that included a food break along the way.
    In Zanjan the bus stops in the corner of Beheshti Street (Khayyam Street) and Ferdosi Street and from there it was walking distance to Hafez, where I stayed.

TAXI :

by omidamini Written Jul 17, 2005

You can take shared and solo taxistrom outside the bus terminal, railway station, and the airport These places can best be reached by a taxi, too. Getting around is a matter of saying mostaghim (straight), as in Tehran and most other towns.

MEDICAL SERVICES:

by omidamini Written Jul 17, 2005

The casualty clinic is close to Darvazeh Tehran on the far eastern edge of town Here is a list of some hospitals in Tabriz
    I. ASAD ABADI, Shahid Ranjbar St, 807263-6.
    2. AZAR, Khayyam St, 57851-3.
    3. IMAM KHOMEINI, Tabriz University, 347045-9.
    4. TALEGHANI, Railway Station, 442071-3.

BANKS AND EXCHANGE OFFICES:

by omidamini Written Jul 17, 2005

1. Bank Mellat, Jomhuri Ave 60061-5.
    2. Bank Melli Iran, north side of Shohada Square 25151-4.
    3. Bank Sepah, Imam Ave, Taleghani Junction 557650, 552172..
    4. Bozorgui Exchange Office, Jomhuri Street 29000.
    5. Entezari Exchange Office, Shohada Street, Mohammadi Shopping Cen73773.
    6. Kebria Manesh Exchange Office, Imam Khomeini Ave 340018.

AIR AGENT:

by omidamini Written Jul 17, 2005

1. Iran Air office is in its own building in Abressani Inters~ction 34515.
    2. Iran Seyr, Imam Ave, Beheshti Intersection 531941.
    3. Jahan Seyr, Imam Ave, near Bagh-e Fajr Sq 55600.
    4. Tabriz Seyr, 17th Shahrivar St, corner of Taleghani St 550303

• farimas's Profile Photo

Airport of Tabriz is...

by farimas Written Aug 26, 2002

Airport of Tabriz is international one and there are several flights (internal and external) daily but it isn't analogous to European or American ones. Tabriz railway is another choice to you, with deluxe wagons which has many services to most of Iran cities. Either interurban or suburban buses are in your service specially one kind of suburban buses called 'Seir-o-safar' includes video, TV and entertainment which I recommend it to anyone and also to my friends in Virtual tourist site. I have seen tramcars in Germany and so many facilities that they had, but unfortunately there isn't any tramcar or subway in Iran cities and I hope we had them someday! Amen.

BUS TERMINAL:

by omidamini Written Jul 17, 2005

Jomhuri Eslami Ave 57134 Buses usually leave punctually. There are local services to all major towns provincial centers from Tabriz.

AIRPORT:

by omidamini Written Jul 17, 2005

Taxis are available from the airport (865602-3) into town and vice-versa. There is no airport bus. Flight Information 79079. Air Ticket 35501.

Instant Answers: Tabriz

Comments

Tabriz Transportation

Reviews and photos of Tabriz transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tabriz sightseeing.