Takab Travel Guide

Takab Restaurants

• suvanki's Profile Photo
    Trout and salad Ranji Hotel, Takab 1 more image

by suvanki Updated Apr 1, 2010

This was included in the cost of my tour with Persian Voyages, so not sure of the cost.

I was a bit surprised when I met up with Majid prior to our evening meal, that we would be eating in the hotel - I was expecting that We'd be going out to a local restaurant. I was assured that this was the best place to eat in Takab.

Well, I really enjoyed my meal - For starter we were served a soup, which was quite thick and yellow! But it was delicious- mildly curry flavoured with parsley.

My main course was Trout, which was battered. This came with a green leaf garnish. Also salad, yogurt, lemon, chips, gherkin and mayo. I also enjoyed a lemon beer and a cup of cay.

Fresh ingredients, well cooked and very tasty! - and a welcome change from kebabs and rice, though of course these featured on the menu!

Breakfast was also eaten here, which I enjoyed. Fried Eggs (I could have had these boiled or poached too), bread, butter, Cheese, Honey and cay. Again, fresh tasty ingredients.

Takab Off The Beaten Path

• by global_explorer Written Jul 4, 2004

Outside Takab lies the ruinated city of Takht-e-Soleiman. The ruins in itself, lying around a beautiful little lake on a mound are beautifull but not spectacular, despite its historical significance. . What make up the day are the ruins in combination with the trip to them, especialy in early morning or late afternoon. The gentle, farmed land are beautifull, and along the way you pass several nice adobevillages, in itself an attraction.

• Archeology
    • Museum Visits

Instant Answers: Takab

Comments

Takab Travel Guide
Map of Takab