Bushehr Travel Guide

• Things to Do
    by js77

Bushehr Things to Do

by js77 Written Dec 23, 2006

Near sea coast before the beginning of old city there is big partly ruined house. I am not sure, but it could British consulate mentioned in Lonely Planet. Please, let me know if you know if it is the consulate or not.

by js77 Written Dec 23, 2006

You can stroll around old city. Lonely Planet says it has traditional Bandari (indigenous inhabitants of Persian Gulf) architecture. The houses there are not restored, but for me it is much interesting - i can see that city is very old. The people are still living there.

• Bushehr Hotels

0 Hotels in Bushehr

Bushehr Transportation

by js77 Written Dec 23, 2006

From Bushehr to Shiraz I went by bus. It cost 25 000 rials for 5 hour journey in very good Scania bus. There were very good sceneries along the road when Zagors mountains. Also you can see a lot sheeps in this region.

by js77 Written Dec 23, 2006

From Ahvaz I took a bus to Bushehr at 7am. As everywhere in Iran I just needed to get to the bus station and already outside I was met by some agents of bus companies, asked where I want to go and pointed to the right office. The cost of ticket was 45 000 rials for Mercedez bus, but it had some airconditioning and video movies, so maybe it was supposed to be Volvo class, but with small space for legs). It took 7 hours to get to Bushehr. The bus was full and I felt lucky I had bought my ticket on the previous day. From city center you can get to the bus station by shared taxi. The price for shared taxi was 1000 or 2000 rials. The shared taxis to bus staion are going from Salman-e Farsi street under the bridge crossing Shar'iati street. The taxi drivers will shout out "Serah, serah" which means they are going to Serah Khorramshahr (where the bus station is located). Also 3 fingers shown by shared taxi drivers means the destination is Serah Khorramshahr. I went to bus staion by private taxi (dar baste) and i had to pay 10 000 rials when I went from under the bridge and 15 000 when hotel reception called the taxi for me. The bus station in Bushehr is not anymore in city center,
    so you have to take a taxi as it is too far to walk to city center.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Along the way to Shiraz

by MalenaN Written Aug 20, 2006

There is a small older bus station in the centre of Bushehr, and that’s where I went to buy a ticket for the 13.00 bus to Shiras. It was an air-conditioned Volvo bus and the ticket was IR 25 000 (July 2006). The bus left from the big bus station outside town (Terminal Bozorg). To go there I paid 10 000 for the taxi.
    On the bus I got a seat next to a man, which surprised me. I said I thought men were sitting next to men and women next to women. They said they were going to sort it out when the bus was leaving, which they didn’t. The bus left the terminal 13.30. Once the bus stopped for the passengers to get something to eat or go to the bathroom. The bus journey took about 5 hours. In Shiraz the bus arrived at Amir Kabir Terminal and from there I took a taxi to the hotel. The taxi driver wanted IR 15 000 ( I hadn’t negotiated about the price before arriving to the hotel, which I should have done).

Bushehr Local Customs

• mehdimajleci's Profile Photo

by mehdimajleci Written Nov 17, 2008

You can find 4 brach of majleci dried nuts shop in bushehr .Best Iranian dry nuts . Cookies. Choclates . coffee. Pastil . and more staf . Its best place
    Branch 1 is in airport street . Brach 2 is in emam sq . Brach 3 is in zitoon shoping center . Brach 4 is in bamani shahid mahini street .

Bushehr Warnings and Dangers

by js77 Written Dec 23, 2006

Do not put anything valuable in your lugagge when you travel by bus. I have heard that some even very little or no value things have been lost after the lugagge has been searched at army or police checkpoints in Southern Iran.

Instant Answers: Bushehr

Comments

Bushehr Travel Guide
Map of Bushehr