Naqsh-e Rostam Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Naqsh-e Rostam

• Sambawalk's Profile Photo

Taxi to Persepolis, Naqsh-e Rostam, Pasargadae

by Sambawalk Written Jun 9, 2008

I took a day trip by taxi from Shiaz to Persepolis, Naqsh-e Rostam, Naqsh-e Rajab, Pasargadae. The taxi is arrnaged by Anvari Hotel in Shiaz. It costs IR450,000 per car (May 2008). We started out at 7:30am and went back to hotel at 2pm. The whole duration time included about 30 mins sight-seeing in Pasargadae, 20 mins in Naqsh-e Rostam, 10 mins in
    Naqsh-e Rajab and 2 hours in Persepolis.

The place in Pasargadae is vast and sites are scatters around. So the driver has to drive you from site to site.

Without Pasargadae, the taxi will cost IR300,000. It is a good 40 mins one way addition to Pasargadae from Persepolis.

However, if you want some savings, try to go to Par Tour agency as I found out from them that they have group tour to Persepolis, Naqsh-e Rostam only for EUR10 (May 2008) per person.

• js77's Profile Photo

Car from Shiraz to Persepolis and Naqsh-e Rostam

by js77 Written Dec 25, 2006

I rented the car in Pars tourist office - http://www.key2persia.com/. I highly recommend dealing with this company as they are highly professional and honest. I paid 32 usd for a half day individual tour with guide to Persepolis, Naqsh-e Rostam and Naqsh-e Rajab. The guide was perfect in his knowledge about Persepolis and spoke perfect English. My advice is not to save money for the guide - this is not the case you need to stick to your tight budget.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Tour to Naqsh-e Rostam

by MalenaN Written Sep 9, 2006

Tomb in Naqsh-e Rostam

In Shiraz I asked at the hotel for a tour to Pasargadae, Persepolis, Naqsh-e Rostam and Naqsh-e Rajab. They called a driver, who picked me up outside the hotel at 8.00 the following morning. The driver talked non-stop all the way about his life and life in Iran. It was very interesting, but I missed the scenery along the road. At the sites he asked if I wanted him to come along to guide, but I prefer to walk around alone.

We first drove to Pasargadae, which is more far away. In Pasargadae it is good to have a car as the ruins are spread out. At Naqsh-e Rajab it took about 15 minutes and at Naqsh-e Rostam I got 30 minutes (had to hurry back). I got two or three hours at Persepolis (can‘t remember), but if I wanted to stay longer I was going to pay more. For the tour I paid IR 350 000 (July 2006).

In Yazd I met some people who had taken a tour from Shiraz in the morning and during the day visited all four sites and after drove on to Yazd. The price was IR 500 000 (July 2006), and I heard it was the same going the other way round.

Seeing the sites along the way between Yazd and Shiraz, instead of making a daytrip from Shiraz and another day take a bus between the cities, will save you a day.

Instant Answers: Naqsh-e Rostam

Comments

Naqsh-e Rostam Transportation

Reviews and photos of Naqsh-e Rostam transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Naqsh-e Rostam sightseeing.

View all Naqsh-e Rostam hotels