Shiraz Restaurants

Shiraz Eram Hotel coffeee shop
    by Sambawalk

Most Recent Restaurants in Shiraz

• xaver's Profile Photo

Niayesh Hotel restaurant: Dizi!!!

by xaver Written Jan 11, 2015

We could find this place thanks to our driver that knew about it. It is really hidden, infact I do not think we could have found it on our own. Here we could finally have the chance to taste the typical poor dish Dizi. It was very good and we paid less than 5 € each eating Dizi, salad and drinking water.

Favorite Dish: Dizi is a persian stew, the name dizi refers to the stone crock it is served in. It is usually made with lamb, potatos, white beans, onions, tomatos and black lime. The ingredient are combined together and cooked a lot. The solid parts, after cooking are mashed and then put alltogether with brod in a separate plate, where you add bread.

Dizi Dizi Dizi

• xaver's Profile Photo

Haft Khan: Trendy but good

by xaver Written Jan 11, 2015

This is a design restaurant complex with a different kind of food at every floor. We ate at Iranian typical restaurant at second floor and were very happy of that. I finally had the chance to taste the fesenjun which was delicious and really really abundant. We paid about 15€ each and it was really cheap for the service and the food we had.
    We went at 7 pm just when it was opening and after less than one hour it got full so, either you book or go early.

Favorite Dish: The yogurt you usually get during meals here was definitly better than the standard.

fesenjun fish yogurt Haft Khan

• enigma7's Profile Photo

Niayesh restaurant: A real taste of SHIRAZ!

by enigma7 Written Dec 27, 2012

The well refurbished bulding of Niayesh hotel ,gives you a good idea about old shiraz.the bricks ,the lovely pond and those beautiful orange trees in the court yard has well revitalized the old Shiraz.with all mentioned it is both a museum and a restaurant .the foods are good ,both in quality and quantity and the price is so cheap compared to other restaurants .
    for the vegetarian it would be good places since they don't cock the meat mixed with other stuff .they cock it separately ; in case u are vegetarian just mention it to the waiter .

Favorite Dish: I have tried almost all the dishes they are yummy but personally I prefer stews ( khoresht ) and they have different types of it : Vegetable, eggplant and chicken pea.

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo

Sweet shops everywhere: Sohan and gaz

by TheWanderingCamel Updated Mar 20, 2012

Favorite Dish: Sohan ( a delicious sweet made from honey, pistachios, butter, cardomom and saffron) and gaz ( soft, nut-filled nougat) are two specialities of Shiraz. You'll find them sold all over Iran, but afficionados will tell you the best comes from here.

Whether you buy your sohan in large round discs to break off and eat in pieces, or in a tin of individual chunks coated in plain chocolate, it is very moreish - an explosion of wonderful flavours in the mouth, and quite addictive.

Delicious sohan

• Sambawalk's Profile Photo

Shiraz Eram Hotel coffeee shop: Nice place to rest before night bus departure

by Sambawalk Written Jul 20, 2008

I had a cup of afternoon coffee in the Shiraz Eram Hotel coffeee shop. IR15,000 (May 2008). Sounds expensive, but it has a very nice setting area and the courtyard where you can rest for 1,2, or 3 hours. It was just good for me as in the late afternoon after sightseeing of the city, I needed a place to rest while waiting for the night bus departure at 9pm for Yard.

Shiraz Eram Hotel coffeee shop Shiraz Eram Hotel coffeee shop

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

Parnian restaurant: the best salad buffet in town

by call_me_rhia Updated May 31, 2008

the best salad buffet in town can be found in the main restaurant of the very posh Homa Hotel, he best of Shiraz five stars hotel - however do not fear, the prices ore amore than affrodable.

Favorite Dish: It's possible to have some a-la-carte kebabs and even some steaks, but the best thing is the sald buffet. For the price of 40000 rials you can have a soup, as much salad as you want, and all the desserts that you like...

The sald buffet was heavenly... all sorts of vegetables I was dreaming of, as well as pasta salads. It was towards the end of our trip and I was longing for some vegetables - something different than the usual pre-packaged salads that can be found in every other restaurant.

The desserts were quite good, too - but it was the vegetables that made me touch the sky.

kebab (not mine)

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

street vendor: beans from heaven

by call_me_rhia Updated May 31, 2008

I had the best meal in Shiraz from a street vendor just off Bazaar Vakil - I stopped because he was a very interesting-looking man and I wanted to ask him if I could take his photo. He agreed and then offered me his beans to taste... the most perfect beans I have ever eaten.

Favorite Dish: Beans only - the man doesn't sell anything else.

beans

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

Haji Baba Restaurant: Give it a miss...

by call_me_rhia Updated May 31, 2008

If this restaurant had been "opened" for tourists, if would be the ultimate tourist trap - but the point is that there were no tourists there... This is what the Lonely Planet wriotes about it: "it's not exactly atmospheric, but the food is delicious, location and opening hours convenient and prices reasonable".

This description is far from being the truth - the place is filthy (not dirty) and the prices are more expensive than in better restaurants. We thought we had been overcharged, then we saw the local people at the table nearby paying the same amount of moner.

Favorite Dish: I had a beef kebab - it tasted bitter and smelled bad... it seemed like the meat had gone off for days. Those who had the chicken kebab found it "fresh", although it was not very tasty. We ended up just eating the rice in haste, longing to leave as soon as possible

locals@Haji Baba

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

soofie traditional restaurant: traditional food and bread baked on the premises

by call_me_rhia Updated May 31, 2008

We had a nice meal in this traditional restaurant - although traidtional refers to the food, not to the restaurant's decor - which is quite modern. There is an "on the premise bakery" so the bread is really out of this world, and the usual selection of kebabs. Included in the price is a soup (barley soup, if I remember correctly), all the salad you want from the salad bar, and a selection of desserts.

Favorite Dish: Kebabs were good - but kebab every day (lunch and dinner) is not exactly my cup of tea. What I liked about this restaurant was the salad bar, with plenty of veggies to choose from, in particular some aubergine salad, which was heavenly. The tomatoes and rocket salad were fantastic, too. Sadly the desserts were nothing to write home about...

another kebab

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Sarve Naz Restaurant

by MalenaN Written Nov 14, 2006

Sarve Naz Restaurant is situated on the first floor in Eram Hotel. It is in a huge room and there were many people having dinner the evening I was there. Most of the customers were men (on business trip), but also some women and children. As a single women I felt comfortable eating alone in the restaurant.
    I had special kebab, salad, bread (which was hot) and sprite. It tasted very good. Including 15% service tax the meal was IR 55 000.

Special Kebab

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Fast Food

by MalenaN Written Nov 3, 2006

There are a lot of fast food places in Shiraz.

Pizza
    The best pizza place in Shiraz is Hot, a restaurant on Afif Abad Street. The pizzas were great. We got a lot so we couldn’t eat everything, but I got a doggy bag and had the rest for breakfast the next morning. Hot also have home delivery.
    Telephone number: 629 3790 (3630)

Shwarmas
    The best shwarmas (bread stuffed with meat and vegetables) can be found at 110 Hamburgers. It’s on Anvari Street, just down the road from the hotel where I stayed, so I ate here my first evening in Shiraz. You can chose between chicken shwarma or beef shwarma. There are also hamburgers and pizzas. There are no tables inside 110 Hamburgers, but a few outside (next to a couple of neon plastic palms).

Eating pizza at Hot

• hydronetta's Profile Photo

Yord restaurant: Nomad food

by hydronetta Written Aug 17, 2006

Outside the city centre about 8 km this restaurant is housed in a tent !! Food was typical nomad Iranian, tasteful and reasonably priced. The tent was full of carpets and pillows and (typical for Iran) you had to eat cross-legged. The atmosphere was flavored by live music and a big plus for us was the complete absence of other foreign tourists. The pleasure of senses was rounded off by smoking a qalyan.
    As this restaurant cannot be easily reached by public transport you need to hire a taxi to get there (in our case our driver-guide drove us there). Highly recommended for its ambience!

yam-yam yam-yam fresh bread smoking qalyan

• fkompani's Profile Photo

Jivani: Fast food

by fkompani Updated May 7, 2005

Fast foods are the most favorite in Iran. At night they are meeting places, where u can have a get together with friends. Taa-be-Taa has a nice yard with poplar trees and the food is relatively good. Jivani on Sattarkhan St. is favored by the youth but it's a little small.

• kiwigeo's Profile Photo

In Between Persepolis and Naghsh e Rostam: Great Locality

by kiwigeo Written Nov 26, 2004

Just when you are beginning to feel peckish after trekking all over Persepolis you can find a secluded and more importantly shady garden restaurant before you head on to Naghsh e Rostam. Serving the proverbial kebab.

Favorite Dish: Not great food but when there is nothing else for kilometres it will do just fine!

Banquet for Kings

• allouc's Profile Photo

Soofie restaurant: Traditional Shirazi restaurant

by allouc Updated Nov 15, 2002

Probably the nicest restaurant I have tried in Shiraz. Fairly modern but with traditional touches in the decor. Has on the premise bakery making the most amazing pita bread.

Favorite Dish: I had the chicken kebab with rice which was very nice. The pita bread was out of this world.

The gentleman responsible for baking the pitas

Instant Answers: Shiraz

Comments

Shiraz Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Shiraz restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Shiraz sightseeing.