Takht-e Jamshid (Persepolis) Transportation

our driver's number plate...
    by call_me_rhia
  • Transportation
    by MalenaN
  • Transportation
    by MalenaN

Best Rated Transportation in Takht-e Jamshid (Persepolis)

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Tour to Persepolis

by MalenaN Written Sep 9, 2006

By the car

In Shiraz I asked at the hotel for a tour to Pasargadae, Persepolis, Naqsh-e Rostam and Naqsh-e Rajab. They called a driver, who picked me up outside the hotel at 8.00 the following morning. The driver talked non-stop all the way about his life and life in Iran. It was very interesting, but I missed the scenery along the road. At the sites he asked if I wanted him to come along to guide, but I prefer to walk around alone.

We first drove to Pasargadae, which is more far away. In Pasargadae it is good to have a car as the ruins are spread out. At Naqsh-e Rajab it took about 15 minutes and at Naqsh-e Rostam I got 30 minutes (had to hurry back). I got two or three hours at Persepolis (can‘t remember), but if I wanted to stay longer I was going to pay more. For the tour I paid IR 350 000 (July 2006).

In Yazd I met some people who had taken a tour from Shiraz in the morning and during the day visited all four sites and after drove on to Yazd. The price was IR 500 000 (July 2006), and I heard it was the same going the other way round.

Seeing the sites along the way between Yazd and Shiraz, instead of making a daytrip from Shiraz and another day take a bus between the cities, will save you a day.

• coceng's Profile Photo

Taxi

by coceng Updated Jun 6, 2006

I hired a taxi from Shiraz to come to Persepolis. I went to the taxi terminal myself & asked around.
    Cost me USD 25, which also inluded Pasargadae, Naqsh-e Rostam, Naqsh-e Rejab & Persepolis.
    The tour took me 9 hours !
    Most hostels also arrange transportations to Persepolis, much cheaper of course but it doesn't include Pasargadae.

• Carguja's Profile Photo

Take a Taxi from Shiraz, so cheap

by Carguja Updated Jan 23, 2006

The best way to get there form Shiraz is by taxi.Taxi drivers know you are a tourist, but if you bargain properlyit is possible to pay 20 USD for a trip from Shirazincluding Pasargadae, Naqshe Rostam, Naqsh e Rajab and Persepolis,the driver will wait foryou all time you need. They are experts in bargain, then if they pretend they wont take you for this price, pretend you wont pay more, start with 10 USD and they will start with 40 USD, finally 20 USD for the holeday is the price they give to the Irani people...

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

Visiting persepolis and nearby Achaemenid tombs

by call_me_rhia Updated May 30, 2008

our driver's number plate...

Visiting Persepolis and nearby Achaemenid tombs is not really easy without a car, since there's no public transortation to the complex - there are buses that stop in the neighbouring villages, though. To reach the Achaemenid tombs 12 kilometres from Persepolis, by contrast, is just impossible.

There are many agencies and internet cafes in Shiraz that organize day trips, and some go as far as Pasargadae, too. Prices are very low - I think about 8 or 10 dollars. Because we were three people, and we appreciate more flexibility than what's offered by organized tours, we decided to rent a car with driver though the hotel where we were staying (Eram Hotel).

We paid a bit less than 40 dollars for the entire day, and were therefore able to stop as long (or as little) as we wanted at the chosen sites. If traveling in smnall group, it's generally worthy to pay the extra money and do everything at your own pace.

• js77's Profile Photo

Car from Shiraz to Persepolis and Naqsh-e Rostam

by js77 Written Dec 24, 2006

I rented the car in Pars tourist office - http://www.key2persia.com/. I highly recommend dealing with this company as they are highly professional and honest. I paid 32 usd for a half day individual tour with guide to Persepolis, Naqsh-e Rostam and Naqsh-e Rajab. The guide was perfect in his knowledge about Persepolis and spoke perfect English. My advice is not to save money for the guide - this is not the case you need to stick to your tight budget.

• BoraArasan's Profile Photo

Taxi to Persepolis and others (2012 values)

by BoraArasan Written May 19, 2012

iran is in an economical crisis. Fuel prices are effected directly reason of crisis. And country's economy is based on fuel. Even it is so cheap for us (for we Turks specially) but locals worrying. That 's why taxi hiring prices also increased.

if you want to hire a taxi i can suggest Mr Ali without any hesitation. He says 800000 IR (less than 50 $) This is normal price but he always helped us. He told us some stories about ruins. He has no any good possession on English language but so helpful.

• Archeology
    • Photography

• Sambawalk's Profile Photo

Taxi to Persepolis, Naqsh-e Rostam, Pasargadae

by Sambawalk Written Jun 9, 2008

I took a day trip by taxi from Shiaz to Persepolis, Naqsh-e Rostam, Naqsh-e Rajab, Pasargadae. The taxi is arrnaged by Anvari Hotel in Shiaz. It costs IR450,000 per car (May 2008). We started out at 7:30am and went back to hotel at 2pm. The whole duration time included about 30 mins sight-seeing in Pasargadae, 20 mins in Naqsh-e Rostam, 10 mins in
    Naqsh-e Rajab and 2 hours in Persepolis.

The place in Pasargadae is vast and sites are scatters around. So the driver has to drive you from site to site.

Without Pasargadae, the taxi will cost IR300,000. It is a good 40 mins one way addition to Pasargadae from Persepolis.

However, if you want some savings, try to go to Par Tour agency as I found out from them that they have group tour to Persepolis, Naqsh-e Rostam only for EUR10 (May 2008) per person.

Instant Answers: Takht-e Jamshid (Persepolis)

Comments

Takht-e Jamshid (Persepolis) Transportation

Reviews and photos of Takht-e Jamshid (Persepolis) transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Takht-e Jamshid (Persepolis) sightseeing.

View all Takht-e Jamshid (Persepolis) hotels